All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Filtration
PostPosted: Apr 13th, '17, 01:49 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you human?: yes
Old Prospector wrote:
Brianrwa wrote:
Yeah , no big deal , I'm old and patient , I remember a time before computers , and seat belts . Heck men wore belts and their pants pulled up . I'll figure this out .

If typing the full label for something is too much trouble shrtn da txt , thos ho no wll figr it ot , thse wh dnt no dnt matr , eh .

NO HARM INTENDED

:upset: :laughing3:

You remind me of the 4 Aussie fathers I, met in a Pub in Sydney, when on R&R in Mar. 70. They talked the same way " shrtn da txt , thos ho no wll figr it ot , thse wh dnt no dnt matr , eh . "

But the more beer I drank that they refused me from buying my own, the easier it was for me to understand them. Drank till the time the pub closed, If I remember it was 10 or 11 PM. Then we moved to Kings Square for the rest of the night.

One of the reasons that I remember that Pub, is that the women and men were not allowed to drink together in the same room, they were separated by a wall, and the door to them was guarded by the Pub Master.

From one interaction , I remind you of that ........

I'm pleased you had a great R&R , you'd have ended up at King Cross I'd reckon .

My Dad was regular army , Royal Australian Army Medical Corps .
He did 22 years , toured Vietnam with 5RAR in 1969-70 , he was the RAP Sgt at Nui DAt , in the Phuc Toy Province .

[img]
Old Prospector wrote:
Brianrwa wrote:
Yeah , no big deal , I'm old and patient , I remember a time before computers , and seat belts . Heck men wore belts and their pants pulled up . I'll figure this out .

If typing the full label for something is too much trouble shrtn da txt , thos ho no wll figr it ot , thse wh dnt no dnt matr , eh .

NO HARM INTENDED

You remind me of the 4 Aussie fathers I, met in a Pub in Sydney, when on R&R in Mar. 70. They talked the same way " shrtn da txt , thos ho no wll figr it ot , thse wh dnt no dnt matr , eh . "

But the more beer I drank that they refused me from buying my own, the easier it was for me to understand them. Drank till the time the pub closed, If I remember it was 10 or 11 PM. Then we moved to Kings Square for the rest of the night.

One of the reasons that I remember that Pub, is that the women and men were not allowed to drink together in the same room, they were separated by a wall, and the door to them was guarded by the Pub Master.

I'm pleased you had a great R&R , you'd have ended up at King Cross I'd reckon .

He did 22 years , toured Vietnam with 5RAR in 1969-70 , he was the RAP Sgt at Nui DAt , in the Phuc Toy Province .

[img]
Old Prospector wrote:
Brianrwa wrote:

NO HARM INTENDED

Here he is there outside the RAP , he's on the right , the doctor is on the left .

Back the 70's maybe the women weren't allowed in the front bar as it was considered too rough for them .

Did those drinking partners of yours dislike men giving women a hard time too ?

Advertisement