All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Building Tanks
PostPosted: Jun 2nd, '10, 18:05 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Blog: View Blog (1)
Are you human?: salmonid
Quote:
Those tanks if they are under $100 grab them truck wash is easy to clean [pressure washer ]

They have them for $160 im guessing if i drop in there with 120 cash they will take it..

Worked out today that to make a 1200l tank out of gal the sheets and reinforcement alone will cost me round $150 then i have to source a liner...

might call in tomorrow and grab one of them big tanks, cut 300mm off the top of it then i have a bed and tank to start with, then even if somewhere down the track i get another i could always just take the top off the new one and then make another bed from the older one and have a bigger fish tank.

is there anything that i can do to kill the truck wash.... i might keep as much of it as i can for car wash :headbang: and head to the pressure washer iv got a whole tank of really hard water here too tis been in the tank all summer and its got a lot of leaves and sticks in it.... (its my artificial dam) might even fill it with that after i wash it out and run the pump through some old crappy gravel in the bed for a week or so just to make sure iv killed it all.... then i can wash it all out again and start fresh with my nice tank water.

Excitement plus this weekend i reckon!!!!!! iv already got my bell syphon, an old pump that i can use for the time being.... its a 12v one that i will impliment as a backup for power outs but i wouldnt want to run it all the time she is old n gold.....

thanks guys iv now sourced a tank and am one happy Aqua-ponicer! (well apprentice)

Jamey.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jun 4th, '10, 07:58 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i built a 300 gallon fiberglass plywood tank with window:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5653

it was a slow and frustrating process but its my most stable system

current build:
150 gallon barrel system
160 gallon pond
250 gallon IBC
300 gallon monster tank
fish: 13 feeder comets, 9 Gold Tilapia, 250 fry, 200 fingerlings, 4 malaysian prawns, and 17 chinese catfish

PostPosted: Nov 26th, '17, 15:24 

Are you human?: yes
Hi all,

I just joined the forum after reading your inputs. Tnx!

I have a question. Has anyone built a tank under a wooden deck? Reason is that it is cooler. I could build a long tank under my deck between the stubs - 50cmH x 150cmW x 1000cm L

At first I thought of using wood for support along the stubs but have changed my mind after reading about the termites problem. Thinking of using zinc roofing with straw insulation and pond lining. Unclear about how to clean and harvest. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Lorenzo

PostPosted: Dec 13th, '17, 16:28 

Are you human?: yes
Hi guys. I read that I have 17 replies. Thanks! However, I am a newbie to this forum and do not know how to access your replies. Can someone help me out please?

PostPosted: Dec 13th, '17, 16:33 

Are you human?: YES
Hi Lorenzo, I think what you're seeing is replies to this thread not specifically replies to you so basically it's saying that there are 17 or 18 posts in this thread. Hope this helps :thumbright: . Now there will be 19 replies because my post just added another.