All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Fishless Cycling
PostPosted: Sep 26th, '17, 21:27 

Are you human?: Yes
Great thanks for the help! I don't have any plants in yet. but have a few basil plants that are ready to go once I get this taken care of. :)

Advertisement

PostPosted: Sep 26th, '17, 22:05 

Are you human?: YES
no problems
I would get some plants esp. leafy greens in, they helped me with my cycling

Happy growing

PostPosted: Sep 27th, '17, 11:11 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Not before 8am
You don't need to start the cycling process again, it's almost finished. In fact, with your N02 having peaked and dropped to 0.0ppm and the Nitrate showing up, would suggest the system has cycled. The fact you still have Amm readings suggests you are either, still adding your Amm source, or the algae dying off is contributing some Amm.

What doesn't make sense is the drop in N03 from 160ppm to 0.0ppm over 3 days while your algae was dying off. Live green algae can consume large amounts of N03, but if you've covered any exposed areas and the algae is dying, and you had no plants in the system, then I wouldn't expect your N03 to be dropping.

As far as the pH drop is concerned, what source water did you use for your system?

PostPosted: Sep 27th, '17, 11:52 

Mr Damage wrote:
You don't need to start the cycling process again, it's almost finished. In fact, with your N02 having peaked and dropped to 0.0ppm and the Nitrate showing up, would suggest the system has cycled. The fact you still have Amm readings suggests you are either, still adding your Amm source, or the algae dying off is contributing some Amm.

What doesn't make sense is the drop in N03 from 160ppm to 0.0ppm over 3 days while your algae was dying off. Live green algae can consume large amounts of N03, but if you've covered any exposed areas and the algae is dying, and you had no plants in the system, then I wouldn't expect your N03 to be dropping.

As far as the pH drop is concerned, what source water did you use for your system?

I used water from my city source to fill the system but I allowed it to sit out 1.5 days to off gas the chlorine.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Oct 31st, '17, 00:18 

Mr Damage wrote:

Thanks for the help. Things are good to go... lettuce plants are doing great and I am getting a delivery of trout on Friday. Let's go! ! :)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11