All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Aquaponics Questions...
PostPosted: Jun 28th, '19, 19:45 

Are you human?: YES
Hi, newbie member and user here.

I have an aquaponics system, by a local company that develops and sells ready made systems.

While I love it, it has specific differences that Hydroponics:

1) How do you add extra nutrients to your system that will be safe for the fish? I know Aqua is different due to the nutrients being generated by the fish rather than added to water like hydro, I also have read that there are going to be specific things one will need to add, there just isn't allot of info out there...

2) Since it is basically a flood and drain system, a local friend and grower is completely confident that the system, with a PH of 6.4 or so, and 15 minutes on and 15 off for the pump to decrease the rate of F and D, is overwatering the plants. How do others deal with this potential?

3) Would you do a SOG or how many plants would you put into a system that is 18 inches wide by 2.6 feet long? Its a 27 gallon container, I've seen plants as singles, 2 plants one on each side of the grow bead, and one only, a monster.

4) its not too difficult to find out info about hydro, but Aquaponics is still a newer method of growing cannabis. Is there a good place to ask questions and interact with other experienced Aquaponic growers? Seems the simplest questions can be difficult to find the right answers too.

5) Would you consider having an Aquaponics area in this forum?????????

Thank you to those who take the time to read and answer this, I am looking forward to making the best medicine for my RLS and other chronic pain issues.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jun 29th, '19, 11:06 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Not before 8am
Growing cannabis in aquaponics is whole different kettle of fish to growing vegetables etc.

To get the best out of cannabis plants they require higher levels of Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium and Phosphorus than we generally get in aquaponics, so they need to be added separately. There is quite a large movement in the US for growing cannabis using aquaponics, with the overwhelming majority of growers using what's called the dual root zone method. This enables them to add fertilisers to the root zone that you wouldn't otherwise add to a normal aquaponic system.

Try looking up a group on Facebook called "Aquaponic Cannabis Growers"

Quote:
5) Would you consider having an Aquaponics area in this forum?????????
This is an Aquaponics forum???