All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Nov 30th, '17, 01:21 

Are you human?: yes
Too early to tell on my DWC. I tried the ziplock bag germination method, but it didn't go too well, so I made a little gravel garden with a slow drip water feed and a heating mat, and have had better success with that. I'll probably tranpslant some Romaine and Kale in the next few days, and then we'll see. that being said, It's not exactly peak growing season, even in Phoenix. I have terrible timing, but whatever!

As far as pots vs grow grips, 1" vs 2", I haven't found much info, so I'm just experimenting at this point to see what works best. I have some 1" gg, 2" gg, and some 3 inch pots with media. I have some rockwool somewhere too, might as try that as well. Of course I'll post some progress pics.

In other news...
Attachment:
IMG_0595.JPG
IMG_0595.JPG [ 64.77 KiB | Viewed 78 times ]

Got my fish in!! 30 tilapia. Already eating and exploring. Happy fish I hope.

The FarmNow Defunct

Advertisement

PostPosted: Dec 7th, '17, 03:54 

Are you human?: yes
A few quick videos of stuff so far. Fish have been in for a week, no floaters so far!! Nights are getting pretty chilly here in Phoenix, we added a 300 watt warmer to see if we can bring temps up. Lowest we saw without the warmer has been 58 degrees, so the plan is to leave the insulation off during the day for sunshine, and then on at night. Fish are still eating though, so that's good.

Squash, zucchini, peas are all showing some real growth, which is exciting, but I know they're gonna suck the nutrients right out, so I'm hoping these fish start eating and growing more!

I finished a tray of worm composte so I put a big handful in each growbed under the spout, complete with some startled red wrigglers, so I'm hoping that helps things along. Vermicompost has a really nice soluble nutrient content.

This mornings readings 8.0pH, 0 Nh3, 0 No2, and 20 No3. Really like to see that pH around 6.8 -7.2, but whatcha gonna do?

The FarmNow Defunct

PostPosted: Dec 8th, '17, 03:53 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: when in a good mood
Glad things are going well. The videos did not show up for me, just blank squares. Probably my browser.
Nights are getting cold here too. I have a 1000watt heater for my tilapia tank and it's working hard. Currently set for 70, but I need set it lower.

5 growbeds

9 kW Solar Electric 2011

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.