All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144  Next
PostPosted: Feb 14th, '18, 10:12 

Are you human?: YES
dasboot wrote:
Our new road side signs.

Hi Dasboot,

Congratulation for this very successful Aquaponic farm you have there. If your house were just here in Bangkok, i would definitely be your regular customer. :thumbright:

Advertisement

PostPosted: Feb 14th, '18, 10:23 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Are you human?: Sometimes
Great looking sign but I can only read part of it, the rest is all gobbledygook :laughing3:

I travelled on the train once from Butterworth in Malaysaia up to Surat Thani and they gave me a Thai Timetable at Butterworth station and marked Surat Thani station on it so I knew where to get off.

It was hopeless by the time I checked the gobbledygook on the timetable and tried to match it to the station signage the train had already left the station. :laughing3:

My Fish:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiiZv ... iWEVFANEVQ

PostPosted: Feb 14th, '18, 10:37 

joblow wrote:
Great looking sign but I can only read part of it, the rest is all gobbledygook :laughing3:

I travelled on the train once from Butterworth in Malaysaia up to Surat Thani and they gave me a Thai Timetable at Butterworth station and marked Surat Thani station on it so I knew where to get off.

It was hopeless by the time I checked the gobbledygook on the timetable and tried to match it to the station signage the train had already left the station. :laughing3:

I was told this looking nice train coming from S'Pore via butterworth to Bangkok. I guess this is the one you ride on.

Attachments:
Eastern-Oriental-Express.jpg
Eastern-Oriental-Express.jpg [ 40.94 KiB | Viewed 1988 times ]
PostPosted: Feb 14th, '18, 19:16 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Most of me
joblow wrote:

Hahaha I can only part of it as well,I hope my good lady got it right...lol

PostPosted: Feb 14th, '18, 21:49 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
Howdy
Between the woodwork behind the sign and the gorgeous sign, everything you two do is amazing!
Reminds me of our dear and past president Barack Obama portrait.
Attachment:
the-national-portrait-gallery-unveils-official-portraits-of-former-president1.jpg
the-national-portrait-gallery-unveils-official-portraits-of-former-president1.jpg [ 210.08 KiB | Viewed 1929 times ]

The image of the functioning of the photometer looks like a project I did in college in LASER study.
We did these in a lab on a vibration roof table with a LASER and similar components. Those were my favorite courses, although I never did anything with that knowledge.

PostPosted: Feb 15th, '18, 04:55 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Siam_Jo wrote:
joblow wrote:

I was told this looking nice train coming from S'Pore via butterworth to Bangkok. I guess this is the one you ride on.

Hi Siam Jo,

It was about 30 years ago and the train looked nothing as slick as that one, the term "Cattle Class" suited the train I was on, I guess Singapore to Butterworth would be a nice train and it would have probably turned around at Butterworth and returned to Singapore. That may have all changed by now and I'm sure it has, because it's a very long trip without any comfort.

My train had a few live chickens get on board at Hat Yai so it was a different class of train.

The train I caught, all the seats had been double booked and being a "Farang" I had to move every time a Thai claimed my seat, so I moved up to the buffet car and while I was buying beer no one would dare move me on so I finally had a seat all the way. :lol:

My Fish:

PostPosted: Feb 15th, '18, 21:20 

joblow wrote:
Siam_Jo wrote:
joblow wrote:

Hi Siam Jo,

It was about 30 years ago and the train looked nothing as slick as that one, the term "Cattle Class" suited the train I was on, I guess Singapore to Butterworth would be a nice train and it would have probably turned around at Butterworth and returned to Singapore. That may have all changed by now and I'm sure it has, because it's a very long trip without any comfort.

My train had a few live chickens get on board at Hat Yai so it was a different class of train.

The train I caught, all the seats had been double booked and being a "Farang" I had to move every time a Thai claimed my seat, so I moved up to the buffet car and while I was buying beer no one would dare move me on so I finally had a seat all the way. :lol:

Hello Joblow,

Things has improved a lots here for the last 30 years. Good news is one of the very few things that has not really changed at all is the quality of train between provinces that you had fun with. :laughing3:

PostPosted: Feb 15th, '18, 22:27 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: when in a good mood
What brand of photometer did you get and are you happy with it? They are a bit pricey to start with, then you need to buy titration or similar solutions for each test. I've considered getting something but I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm also concerned about the shelf life of the solutions as I would likely only do a couple of tests a year for each nutrient.

5 growbeds

9 kW Solar Electric 2011

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

PostPosted: Feb 15th, '18, 22:57 
A posting God
A posting God

dstjohn99 wrote:
What brand of photometer did you get and are you happy with it? They are a bit pricey to start with, then you need to buy titration or similar solutions for each test. I've considered getting something but I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm also concerned about the shelf life of the solutions as I would likely only do a couple of tests a year for each nutrient.

The model I have is the Aqualita 400 and yes there pricey,this one New is £975, I bought this one from EBAY in perfect condition for £275, I then spent a similar amount on a range of reagents. It is such a shame there isn’t kit about in more persons budget,because this thing is a stunning piece of kit,there is no longer any guess work in adding nutrients. Is it worth it ? For someone backyard who is growing fresh veg for the family you would be hard pressed to pay that much money as it starts making every thing you grow dam expensive, for me at the size we are it’s extremely valuable,but and a big but £975 +reagent cost I wouldn’t pay it. Reagent shelf life is considerable I bought powders and tablets, tablets are In foil packages so no worry for damp or contamination, I will look tomorrow at shelf life for them.
I also have a Hanna checker for Iron again this is a lovely tester and one I would recommend to anyone, so if others in there range are as good they are worth looking at.

Attachments:
866FE7E7-DFB2-404A-B4DA-697318839442.jpeg
866FE7E7-DFB2-404A-B4DA-697318839442.jpeg [ 234.03 KiB | Viewed 2199 times ]
CC628312-7155-4DE5-9458-490F843AA429.jpeg
CC628312-7155-4DE5-9458-490F843AA429.jpeg [ 148.73 KiB | Viewed 2199 times ]
C7571475-A531-4103-83CD-FE08AD322523.jpeg
C7571475-A531-4103-83CD-FE08AD322523.jpeg [ 161.63 KiB | Viewed 2199 times ]

PostPosted: Feb 16th, '18, 04:45 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: when in a good mood
Nice, what a good deal at 275!

5 growbeds

9 kW Solar Electric 2011

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

PostPosted: Feb 16th, '18, 08:32 
A posting God
A posting God

dstjohn99 wrote:
Nice, what a good deal at 275!

Yes at that price it wasn’t something I could let go and iam glad didn’t, one problem I may have in the future is replacement reagents as I am not sure if they have a office here in Thailand, still most of the reagents are going to last for years so I have plenty of time to work it out.

PostPosted: Feb 19th, '18, 09:33 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Hi Andy,

What level of Iron do you keep your system at?

My Fish:

PostPosted: Feb 20th, '18, 16:14 

looking great champ

~Backyard farming~

PostPosted: Feb 21st, '18, 23:58 
A posting God
A posting God

joblow wrote:
Hi Andy,

What level of Iron do you keep your system at?

I use DTPA at 1.5 to 2.0 mgl, dosing weekly.

PostPosted: Feb 21st, '18, 23:59 
A posting God
A posting God

Charlie wrote:
looking great champ

Miss chatting to you Charlie and the wife still blames you for where we are now ....lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144  Next