All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Jun 1st, '14, 17:04 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: yes
Wow twelve months on. How's you solar system doing.
I'm currently setting up a system but I'll be going 240 v to start with then converting like you did.
Unfortunately lifepo are still pricey but I know the guy that sells the deep cycle batteries and know I can get good gear from him. Only wish he would sell solar panels too.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jun 6th, '14, 20:49 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: YES
4x4Eric wrote:
Wow twelve months on. How's you solar system doing.
I'm currently setting up a system but I'll be going 240 v to start with then converting like you did.
Unfortunately lifepo are still pricey but I know the guy that sells the deep cycle batteries and know I can get good gear from him. Only wish he would sell solar panels too.

Heya Eric, sorry about the late reply, I don't check in here very often. System is still going strong, although the bulk of veggie production is being done using wicking beds at the moment. We had over a week of cloudy weather a little while ago and so I had to hook up a float charger. This sort of weather only happens once or twice a year so it's not such a big deal, and you normally get a couple of days warning with the voltages getting low.

LiFePO4 chemistry is indeed awesome, I'm using it on a radio control transmitter at the moment. I only have to charge it every couple of months, compared to NiMH which was every weekend.

Good luck with your build Eric, it truly is a great feeling to know that you're not at the mercy of the next unplanned power cut. Let me know if you have any questions planning your solar conversion.

Also, fantastic to hear that your patio system is still going well Rod, all your meticulous planning and attention to detail is paying off. May the sun shine long on your system :-)

My chooks

PostPosted: Feb 28th, '15, 23:20 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
your perseverance and electronic trickery are an inspiration. You probably said, but I went back and read and did not catch if you mentioned which IC you based this on?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7