All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Feb 20th, '13, 06:25 

Are you human?: yes
So I just realised I haven't posted an update in a while. So still have one fish alive. He seems to be the only survivor of the nitrite poisoning that got to the others. I should have stopped feeding when the nitrite started to get high... Oh well you live and learn.

I upgraded the sump pump to a 300gph boat bilge pump. This is working a lot better now as it maintains the water in the fish tank at a higher level. As the fish tank was getting quite low when the sump and the grow tubes were full.

But this also threw me a big curve ball. As the new pump draws 2.5amp. and the old pump power supply was only 1amp. I didn't realise this strait away and during one of the cycles the pump didn't turn on. And the sump tank overflowed. By the time I realized nearly all the fish tank water had been pumped out over the sump tank and onto the floor.

This has now been rectified with a 3amp power supply for the new pump. And a lot of towels. So I have now let the water stand and have refilled the system and am now test cycling to make sure I have no dramas.

The beauty of the PLC system id that if I add any new components or parts I can adjust and settings and timing on the fly.

I am now just monitoring the remaining fish. so if he survives another week I will get more fish.. and more rigorously test the water and adjust my feeding to compensate for high levels..

Advertisement

PostPosted: Nov 25th, '18, 02:55 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: yes
How is it going with this system? any up dates?