All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Feb 10th, '18, 12:11 
Offline
Almost divorced
Almost divorced
User avatar

Joined: Jan 24th, '13, 08:01
Posts: 1455
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Sometimes
Location: Australia, Victoria, Northern Suburbs
All looking good, gee you've got some pretty serious pipe work running around the systems, if it goes belly up you could get a good imcome from plumbing :laughing3:

_________________
My System:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15600&hilit=joblow%27s+system

My Fish:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiiZv ... iWEVFANEVQ


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
    Advertisement
 
PostPosted: Feb 11th, '18, 09:37 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Feb 7th, '11, 18:32
Posts: 3149
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Most of me
Location: Thailand, Chaing Rai
I know what you mean, I always think it starts resembling a chemical plant or something, still with all the pipes and fittings I have bought I should have part shares in the company...lol.

_________________
dasboot's system
Andreas Garden.
https://www.facebook.com/Andreas-Garden ... 681644511/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 12th, '18, 00:21 
Offline
Almost divorced
Almost divorced
User avatar

Joined: Dec 6th, '13, 23:00
Posts: 1200
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Gender: Male
Are you human?: YES
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
@dasboost umm I'm Soo lost with everything that happening currently with you. But everything looks excellent!! In saying that I was just wondering if u are will to answer a few short questions seeing I was away for many yrs now. So here goes:

What's your current ph and nitrates values ATM. Also for buffering do u buffer with Ca or K. Thirdly is your system coupled or decoupled and is your Mineralization tank inline or offline and is aerobic or anaerobic minerization occuring.

I know it's a lot but I don't know if u already answered these questions before.. if u did and u point me to what page I can find these info on your thread

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

_________________
HAPPY GROWING.

Cookie's System
Cookie's page


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 12th, '18, 09:52 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Feb 7th, '11, 18:32
Posts: 3149
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Most of me
Location: Thailand, Chaing Rai
cookie wrote:
@dasboost umm I'm Soo lost with everything that happening currently with you. But everything looks excellent!! In saying that I was just wondering if u are will to answer a few short questions seeing I was away for many yrs now. So here goes:

What's your current ph and nitrates values ATM. Also for buffering do u buffer with Ca or K. Thirdly is your system coupled or decoupled and is your Mineralization tank inline or offline and is aerobic or anaerobic minerization occuring.

I know it's a lot but I don't know if u already answered these questions before.. if u did and u point me to what page I can find these info on your thread

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk


Hi Cookie nice to hear from you it’s been quite a while hasn’t it, ok
Current PH is adjusted to 6.8 if I leave it, it will want to raise to source water level of 7.4.
Ca, my source water has all the calcium in the world it appears,levels range from 80 to 100mg/l that’s without me dosing,same for mg.
K, I use three forms of K depending on my other levels, if phosphorus is low I will use MKP, depending on my Sulphate levels I will use Potassium Sulphate and again depending where my Nitrate level is I will use Potassium Nitrate.
Saturday’s tests had me at Nitrate 30ish mgl,
Potassium. 105mgl,
Calcium. 85mgl.
My system is now back coupled,I prefer the simplicity of it,I ran decoupled and increased my work load for not much benefit, but this system can be separated by turning a few taps just in case I ever want to decouple.
MT is inline controlled by taps,so I dose from the MT as opposed to a slow trickle and it’s areobic but I am using a low air input which encourages passive denitrication on the stuff stuck in the corners and on the sides etc etc, at any time I can increase the air to reduce this. Dosing means I turn the air off to the MT and let it settle then pass this water through the mbbr back into the sump, I did have a stage two MT but couldn’t find much benefit in it so I changed this to a mbbr. If I could I would pass the water from the MT through the SUFF > MBBR > Sump.

_________________
dasboot's system
Andreas Garden.
https://www.facebook.com/Andreas-Garden ... 681644511/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 12th, '18, 12:29 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Aug 14th, '17, 12:46
Posts: 14
Gender: Male
Are you human?: YES
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Hi Dasboot,

I just finally made it through about 100 pages out of 139 pages. So much of interesting information and look forward to completing the rest. So, apologize me please for following questions if available already in the thread. krub

1. When you said "decoupled" on this page, you refer to which parts of the system?

2. Which water sources do you use to top up your system? If you are using only tap water, do you have any issue with chemical coming with it i.e. chlorine? Only tap water is available where I live, so hopefully it is acceptable for AP.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 12th, '18, 19:42 
Offline
Almost divorced
Almost divorced
User avatar

Joined: Dec 6th, '13, 23:00
Posts: 1200
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Gender: Male
Are you human?: YES
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Yes it's great to be back!! And seeing your thread alive and well is an Amazing sight.. Thanks for the information I was asking because later down this year I'm going to construct a 15000 gal system utilizing everything I learnt thus far from Aquaponics. And after seeing how green and healthy everything is. I just had to ask of how's everything is setup. I think when I left you I believe you were experimenting with the trickle filter. Was it beneficial?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

_________________
HAPPY GROWING.

Cookie's System
Cookie's page


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 12th, '18, 21:41 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Feb 7th, '11, 18:32
Posts: 3149
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Most of me
Location: Thailand, Chaing Rai
Siam_Jo wrote:
Hi Dasboot,

I just finally made it through about 100 pages out of 139 pages. So much of interesting information and look forward to completing the rest. So, apologize me please for following questions if available already in the thread. krub

1. When you said "decoupled" on this page, you refer to which parts of the system?

2. Which water sources do you use to top up your system? If you are using only tap water, do you have any issue with chemical coming with it i.e. chlorine? Only tap water is available where I live, so hopefully it is acceptable for AP.



1. Decoupled refers to the fact that the system is now split into two,a fish side and a plant side, so the water circulating around the fish system never circulates around the plant side apart from the input from the mineralization tank.
2. I use the village water,there are no chlorine’s or fluorides added,but it is very high in carbonates which do a good job of buffering the PH.

_________________
dasboot's system
Andreas Garden.
https://www.facebook.com/Andreas-Garden ... 681644511/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 12th, '18, 21:57 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Feb 7th, '11, 18:32
Posts: 3149
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Most of me
Location: Thailand, Chaing Rai
cookie wrote:
Yes it's great to be back!! And seeing your thread alive and well is an Amazing sight.. Thanks for the information I was asking because later down this year I'm going to construct a 15000 gal system utilizing everything I learnt thus far from Aquaponics. And after seeing how green and healthy everything is. I just had to ask of how's everything is setup. I think when I left you I believe you were experimenting with the trickle filter. Was it beneficial?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk


The set up is what some people label a chop 2, I pump from the sump to the fish tanks and return to the sump and I also pump to the DWCs back to the sump. If I start from the sump I pump through the fish tanks,exit via bottom drains to a Radial flow filter, onto a static upflow filter then finally throu a moving bed bio reactor returning to the sump.
Plant side is just pumped from the sump and returns to the sump.
The sump did have a three tier trickle tower over it and yes in my opinion there a excellent form of filtration, my original use was more for temp control by evaporation but it proved itself so much more versatile in use. The design has been changed slightly now to a dry wet configuration, a length of 8 inch pvc pipe is placed in the sump, with a equal amount above the water line, it has a end cap but multiple holes around the diameter, this is filled to the run water line with oyster shells and from there to the top Bio balls, water from the sump is pump through this once per hour or 1000 litres which is the sump capacity. Again this gives me excellent filtration and utilities free air with temp control thrown in. Between this and the moving bed bio filter I am covered for filtration.

_________________
dasboot's system
Andreas Garden.
https://www.facebook.com/Andreas-Garden ... 681644511/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 12th, '18, 22:29 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Aug 14th, '17, 12:46
Posts: 14
Gender: Male
Are you human?: YES
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Hi Dasboot,

Thank you very much. Below is the link to real time tap water quality through out ฺBangkok. ATM, Chrolide is 480 mg/L, Chlorine is 0.7 mg/L, PH is 7.3. Do you think it is ok for use to top up the system?


http://twqonline.mwa.co.th/EN/map.php?type=tb

I have a plan to build one AP system later on this year. So, apologize me for many questions here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 13th, '18, 01:34 
Offline
Almost divorced
Almost divorced
User avatar

Joined: Dec 6th, '13, 23:00
Posts: 1200
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Gender: Male
Are you human?: YES
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
dasboot wrote:
cookie wrote:
Yes it's great to be back!! And seeing your thread alive and well is an Amazing sight.. Thanks for the information I was asking because later down this year I'm going to construct a 15000 gal system utilizing everything I learnt thus far from Aquaponics. And after seeing how green and healthy everything is. I just had to ask of how's everything is setup. I think when I left you I believe you were experimenting with the trickle filter. Was it beneficial?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk


The set up is what some people label a chop 2, I pump from the sump to the fish tanks and return to the sump and I also pump to the DWCs back to the sump. If I start from the sump I pump through the fish tanks,exit via bottom drains to a Radial flow filter, onto a static upflow filter then finally throu a moving bed bio reactor returning to the sump.
Plant side is just pumped from the sump and returns to the sump.
The sump did have a three tier trickle tower over it and yes in my opinion there a excellent form of filtration, my original use was more for temp control by evaporation but it proved itself so much more versatile in use. The design has been changed slightly now to a dry wet configuration, a length of 8 inch pvc pipe is placed in the sump, with a equal amount above the water line, it has a end cap but multiple holes around the diameter, this is filled to the run water line with oyster shells and from there to the top Bio balls, water from the sump is pump through this once per hour or 1000 litres which is the sump capacity. Again this gives me excellent filtration and utilities free air with temp control thrown in. Between this and the moving bed bio filter I am covered for filtration.
Your attention to details makes me feel Iike I'm right there in the midst of everything! Thanks so much for the info and I think though.. how do you do your water analysis to find out the concentration of the dissolved minerals like calcium and potassium.. and secondly how long was your system been running at those concentration of Ca and K" does plant growth decrease when K goes down and what conc of K you like to hold? Don't buffer with Magnesium (Mg) as well?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

_________________
HAPPY GROWING.

Cookie's System
Cookie's page


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 13th, '18, 10:19 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Feb 7th, '11, 18:32
Posts: 3149
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Most of me
Location: Thailand, Chaing Rai
Hi Cookie, I returned to the UK for a stretch and while I was there I did have a bit of a shopping spree, one lovely thing a brought back with me is a Photometer with reagents for the main nutrients, plus things like Sulphate.Silica, manganese,Boron etc. I use API for Ammonia,Nitrite, Nitrate, KH GH and I have a Hanna checker for iron.
The Photometer takes all of the guess work out of supplementing nutrients and being able to take a reading and equate to how the plants are performing is great, a perfect example is Calcium and Magnesium, in the past I dosed these as part of a regime,it turns out my source water has sufficient levels and I don’t need to,the level in the system has never dropped below 80mgl.
I have slowly raised K in relation to Ca and reduced Nitrate, leaf production reduced and flower and fruit set has improved, I want to raise K slightly more as the one cucumber I have in the trough is showing slight K deficiency so it seems cucumbers are the canary plant for K. Iam still learning and the Photometer just gives me more information to help me out.
I have added a couple of pics of the Toms as of this morning, please excuse the dirty raft face it’s something I didn’t take into account and that is how do you clean the dam things with long term crops like Tomatoes, I have an ideal for the next crop,but that doesn’t help me clean these now.


Attachments:
055BDC26-2A57-4031-88BE-4CC6BB8007EF.jpeg
055BDC26-2A57-4031-88BE-4CC6BB8007EF.jpeg [ 249.74 KiB | Viewed 1351 times ]
AE72D577-01EC-4C0B-ABC5-1FFC31C42EF6.jpeg
AE72D577-01EC-4C0B-ABC5-1FFC31C42EF6.jpeg [ 229.66 KiB | Viewed 1351 times ]
ED98CEAE-A9B5-4EE4-8361-8F5DE8E4FF55.jpeg
ED98CEAE-A9B5-4EE4-8361-8F5DE8E4FF55.jpeg [ 252.39 KiB | Viewed 1351 times ]

_________________
dasboot's system
Andreas Garden.
https://www.facebook.com/Andreas-Garden ... 681644511/
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 13th, '18, 20:42 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Jul 6th, '14, 20:25
Posts: 3730
Location: 2.2 kilometers up, NM, USA
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Series of particles
Location: Sapello, New Mexico USA
Howdy Dasboot and Cookie. Thank you Cookie for asking these questions about nutrients. I have been too awe stuck with Andy's latest system build to produce smart questions. So... here goes one, What is a photometer other than a device to measure light? Does it measure the light through the test liquid with reagents?

I found a write up https://symbibiological.com/2015/02/10/nutrient-analysis-with-a-photometer/

_________________
:wave1: Brian's AP
Specs: 2600 gallon (347.56cf) FT. 44cf GBs. 200 gal (26.7cf) ST. 15 gal (2cf) RFF. 50 gal (6.7cf) biofilter.
2017 season 100 Brook trout fingerlings. 5 Comets.
:?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 13th, '18, 22:35 
Offline
Almost divorced
Almost divorced
User avatar

Joined: Dec 6th, '13, 23:00
Posts: 1200
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Gender: Male
Are you human?: YES
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
No problem Boss. Glad someone else can also learn from my questions as much as I have as well.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

_________________
HAPPY GROWING.

Cookie's System
Cookie's page


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 14th, '18, 10:04 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Feb 7th, '11, 18:32
Posts: 3149
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Most of me
Location: Thailand, Chaing Rai
boss wrote:
Howdy Dasboot and Cookie. Thank you Cookie for asking these questions about nutrients. I have been too awe stuck with Andy's latest system build to produce smart questions. So... here goes one, What is a photometer other than a device to measure light? Does it measure the light through the test liquid with reagents?

I found a write up https://symbibiological.com/2015/02/10/nutrient-analysis-with-a-photometer/


Hi Brian, I have been following your thread and you got best wishes from us here in Thailand for you and your wife’s health, let’s hope all gets better soon.
The Photometer is a device that has a light tight chamber that a small glass container fits snuggly into, you fill this container in my case 10ml of the sample water,insert into the machine and you zero the machine on this sample,basically it’s shining a light of a particular wavelength through the water and taking a measurement, either the absorption or deflection ( I think ). Next a reagent is added to the sample, in the my case of Potassium the reagent reacts with potassium and the water goes cloudy,the Photometer which is preprogrammed reads this turbidity and converts into a mgl reading.
Other reagents react by changing the sample a colour and the program reads this colour change against the sample and gives a reading in mgl.


Attachments:
499FA915-3085-4D23-BBDC-C98A2C9034CD.jpeg
499FA915-3085-4D23-BBDC-C98A2C9034CD.jpeg [ 86.82 KiB | Viewed 1197 times ]

_________________
dasboot's system
Andreas Garden.
https://www.facebook.com/Andreas-Garden ... 681644511/
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Feb 14th, '18, 10:05 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Feb 7th, '11, 18:32
Posts: 3149
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Most of me
Location: Thailand, Chaing Rai
Our new road side signs.


Attachments:
723054A2-8EBD-46E3-9550-7451EBFDC3EF.jpeg
723054A2-8EBD-46E3-9550-7451EBFDC3EF.jpeg [ 253.7 KiB | Viewed 1158 times ]

_________________
dasboot's system
Andreas Garden.
https://www.facebook.com/Andreas-Garden ... 681644511/
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Portal by phpBB3 Portal © phpBB Türkiye
[ Time : 0.113s | 19 Queries | GZIP : Off ]