All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mar 9th, '16, 08:03 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: YES
I'm starting a newer and bigger system the goal is produce as much fish and lettuce as feasible, I have 1 800 Gallon Tank and a additional 7, 330 Gallon IBC totes. The green house is 22 X 30 and i only plan to use a portion of it for Aquaponics.
images hosting

I plan to bury the fish tanks so i can put my A-Frame NFT system for lettuce above it, when it comes time to harvest the fish i plan to have the entire A-Frame be able to lift a foot off the ground and pivoted to either side to access the fish tank.
adult image

I plan on using an airlift to transport the water from the fish tanks to the growbed however i still haven't thought of a way to get the water from the grow bed to the A-Frame. I plan of having the lettuce in 3" pipe with a 2" net pot. Im sure i want to use a Airlift to get it there but where would I put that sump? also since the growbed is flood and drain it might make the NFT go without water periodically. The growbed is 16 X 4 and i would also need finer solid filter aswell. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Mar 9th, '16, 16:53 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Are you human?: Thought I WAS
Only initial thought.. AirLifts don't raise very much..
They either lift a small amount a.small distance.or a very small.amount, a.slightly greater height.. IMHO

FILTERS... CONSIDER wads of polyester roof insulation, that can be reused or thrown away .

And.. from my experience, I would go a different.route..
I started with a.classic IBC system and had problems.. most of this problems were caused by stupidity, but having gone a different way with my second system, I have to say that I would never do it the first way again..
The second system is a split system, where growing the fish ( Aquaculture - RAS) and the plant growing ( HYDROPONICS) are forever split, and I am loving the difference..

PostPosted: Mar 9th, '16, 20:41 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: YES
BuiDoi wrote:
Only initial thought.. AirLifts don't raise very much..
They either lift a small amount a.small distance.or a very small.amount, a.slightly greater height.. IMHO

FILTERS... CONSIDER wads of polyester roof insulation, that can be reused or thrown away .

And.. from my experience, I would go a different.route..
I started with a.classic IBC system and had problems.. most of this problems were caused by stupidity, but having gone a different way with my second system, I have to say that I would never do it the first way again..
The second system is a split system, where growing the fish ( Aquaculture - RAS) and the plant growing ( HYDROPONICS) are forever split, and I am loving the difference..

https://youtu.be/nU6nE6bTt-8
This where I got the idea that an airlift might work, does it give misinformation?

Have you used the polyester sheets before? They look like they could become clogged easily.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk