All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: DD's System 2014
PostPosted: Oct 26th, '14, 08:30 

Are you human?: I'm a pleasure droid
It's time to get things ready for the Winter, I unhooked the trough arbor thingo today, re-routed the pump more directly to the tank which was too much flow but fixed that with a reducer part to spray into the FT. The linear piston air pump doesn't pump deep at all - it's barely getting down a foot these days and even that shallow it's very weak. I took the regular aquarium air pump from the house and it works so much better than the linear piston pump. I suppose because the linear piston pump was a cheap one but IMO might as well just use a regular Tetra aquarium pump, could have had much better air for the fish all Summer if I had done this sooner. The bluegill are white looking I suppose because they live in the shed where it's dim light and not big but bigger. I'm thinking just keep things as they are until risk of freezing solid and at that time just have the FT alone going without feeding the fish. I transplanted some strawberries from the extension office demonstration garden to my media bed. Lava rock is not easy to plant in! :-)

Plant and fish pictures are money

Advertisement

Post subject: Re: DD's System 2014
PostPosted: Oct 26th, '14, 08:33 

Are you human?: I'm a pleasure droid
BTW there are lots of mosquito larvae in the RFF all the time - I tilt the bucket to get them to go to the media bed where I hope they die.

Plant and fish pictures are money

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7