All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Oct 8th, '17, 04:21 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: yes
Thanks nhibbo, I am currently trying to figure out if I can use a swimming pool Sand filter for bio filtration.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Feb 9th, '21, 07:56 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Hey, I'm almost back. Good gracious 4 long years without aquaponics but, we've got a new house with 22 acres of good land, we raise and butcher our own beef and chickens. The polymer cover for my old greenhouse last until a big storm blew the greenhouse thru the woods but with the greenhouse tape I repaired it (then took it off and turned the small building into a chicken coop) it worked so well I now have enough to build a16x35 greenhouse.. We now have 2 more son's John Bartholamew and Samuel Adam. As soon as I get a tree cut down in the back yard I'm going to build a new system based off the old one. I MISS YOU GUYS. lol. anyway I've been trying to keep up with all your post but there's always something going on with a 4 year old and a 2 year old and a 16 year old and a 15 year old and I'm 40 so I'm slowing down.

PostPosted: Feb 14th, '21, 06:25 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Are you human?: Yup
Hey Chris, welcome back to the forum. Sounds like a nice plot of land you have there, plenty of work, you’re probably going to need the new young uns when they grow some. :)
Looking forward to following the build.

PostPosted: Feb 16th, '21, 05:45 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: On the full moon
Hi Chris,

If you haven't already, you might want to look into some sand filter modifications people have done on the Koi Phen website.

There are some effective looking filters that people have put together there using sand filters. Some are modified to use k1 or similar media.

I don't remember if it was on here, but I recall someone somewhere mentioning that they had lots of issues with solids build up using a sand filter with sand.

Anyhow, welcome back!

Barrel System
IBC System
300 gallon flood and drain system

PostPosted: Feb 22nd, '21, 04:53 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Thanks Los Angeles Will, I will check that out. I was looking into using sand at one time but then decided to just use the canister with k1 when I rebuild.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9