All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mar 17th, '17, 14:45 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: For but a moment...
I decided that I've mentioned the new system a few times, I ought to start a new thread for it.

Full announcement:

This will be a multi step build of a multi loop, hybrid system, with a planned FT volume of at least 4000l, and several m2 in growbeds. It should stock at least a dozen large growing tropical fish, most likely red belly pacu, Piaractus brachypomus. It is in a lean-to greenhouse in a mild temperate climate in British Columbia, Canada.

The first phase will occur relatively quickly, as I have fish tentatively scheduled for sometime in the 15-20 day range. This will now constitute a FT of an insulated plastic live fish tote, about 700l, and GB's from two IBC's, cut down. I pick up the IBC's this weekend. I'd like to get three more, but they are not easily found in my neighborhood, except the one source that wants $250 for used totes. There won't be much in the way of buried sump as I am into fairly solid rock just below the surface, and am right alongside the house.
I will be keeping fish, and growing plants, which require supplemental heating and lighting. I am doing so because a big part of my reason for doing this is to keep those plants. Electricity is fairly reasonable in my area, and I am prepared to carry some fairly significant costs to run the system. I realise that this is not how most people design a system, but until I can move to the tropics I wish to pretend in my greenhouse.
I did try a little sketchup, but I don't have the time right now to learn the software. I was proficient in autodesk's autocad, R10, and did a little with R14, but things seem rather different now. :lol: (To be clear, that's R10 in 1988, not autocad2010, which was R24)

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jul 31st, '17, 03:25 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: For but a moment...
A long overdue update.

The promised source for the pacu failed to deliver. :dontknow: In the end, probably a good thing, as...
I am moving this week. Notified in early june that I would need to move, which brought all AP work to a standstill. :evil:

I will take the totes for phase one with me, but the new place does not lend itself to a spot for the greenhouse, as far as I have thought it out so far. There's also a limit to what I want to do in a rental with only a one year lease.

Time will tell, but I do not expect progress this year.

PostPosted: Jul 31st, '17, 16:02 

Are you human?: YES
Gingerbread Man wrote:
Time will tell, but I do not expect progress this year.

Sorry to hear about the forced move. Hope you manage to figure a way to get the greenhouse up and running soon :headbang:

PostPosted: Aug 1st, '17, 07:58 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
I'm so sorry you have to move. better luck to you