All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222  Next
PostPosted: Dec 2nd, '17, 06:38 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: yes
I regret I have not been a follower of yours Bullwinkle11 for some time, however with the excellent barmy weather we are having, I could procrastinate no longer and caught up with your muslie oops musings........

BullwinkleII wrote:
does anyone know anything about using fish as dog food?

I was thinking about adopting a dog from the pound and training it on my epic solar adventure in the hope that I can get it some exposure and get someone to adopt it on a permanent basis. I live in a rental, and cant have pets, but I figure if I was a dog up for the needle I would rather go on an epic solar adventure.

My aim would be to introduce it to my youtube channel, and hope someone fell in love with it.

The only downside is I would need to feed it from a solar boat traveling 4000km with severe weight limits. Obviously I would be passing a lot of towns and could buy dog food, but It would be nice if I could feed it on carp.

So does anyone have any experience/knowledge about such stuff? Do I need to cook it? Mince it? Is it dangerous? etc...

Please please dont NOT buy tinned dog food. If you want this mutt to share your boat you want his 'crap' to be semi hard so it can be easily disposed of rather than loose sloppy stuff you would need a high pressure hose to remove. A decent vet can tell what your dog is eating by....
1 colour of its gums
2 texture of its stools (crap)

do you have a planned date for this epic adventure, its been planned with meticulous care for several years now and if its too much longer you may need to start thinking about wheel chair access or a 'personal' assistant to care for you :D

Advertisement

PostPosted: Dec 2nd, '17, 23:18 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Series of particles
You are our rock star and we love yer wittiness

PostPosted: Dec 3rd, '17, 01:54 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Are you human?: Yep
It's been so long since I contributed anything to this forum.

Is there any new question that needs answering?

I feel I'm a little out of the loop.

Not because I dont care about aquaponics, but just because I no longer care about anything.

But I can change that if there is some kind of pressing problem.

All I need is a pressing problem.

It doesnt even need to be aquaponics related.

I just dont have any problems to solve, and haven't had any for months.

This month only - Will solve industrial or invention/profitable problems for no money (although I still want to be named on any patents)

Private me with non-disclosure contracts, and details

Ahggghhh!

I hate 4:23 am

My system

120 THINGS IN 20 YEARS - My blog about my learning adventure

My skills include being able to move slowly forward in time, and if I really concentrate, I can sometimes tell what I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Dec 3rd, '17, 06:47 
A posting God
A posting God

All questions have been asked, except "How do you feel" Star Trek questions for Spock.
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_test
Printed answers to the questions
I don't why I thought about this particular quote, instead of this one:
The Ultimate Question is the actual inquiry behind the Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything. The Ultimate Question was sought after the supercomputer Deep Thought revealed the Ultimate Answer to be 42. When Deep Thought asked, Loonquawl and Phouchg were unable to say what the actual question was.
So Ha! I also forgot the question, dang it!

PostPosted: Dec 4th, '17, 03:06 

Are you human?: Yes
Hey BW, how about re-addressing the age old question of perpetual motion with the info from that link you posted. I’d love to see what the invention machine comes up with. I have always taken it for granted that PM would be impossible, but that graphite seems to have it...

PostPosted: Dec 6th, '17, 23:14 

Tonzz wrote:
I regret I have not been a follower of yours Bullwinkle11 for some time, however with the excellent barmy weather we are having, I could procrastinate no longer and caught up with your muslie oops musings........

BullwinkleII wrote:
does anyone know anything about using fish as dog food?

I was thinking about adopting a dog from the pound and training it on my epic solar adventure in the hope that I can get it some exposure and get someone to adopt it on a permanent basis. I live in a rental, and cant have pets, but I figure if I was a dog up for the needle I would rather go on an epic solar adventure.

My aim would be to introduce it to my youtube channel, and hope someone fell in love with it.

The only downside is I would need to feed it from a solar boat traveling 4000km with severe weight limits. Obviously I would be passing a lot of towns and could buy dog food, but It would be nice if I could feed it on carp.

So does anyone have any experience/knowledge about such stuff? Do I need to cook it? Mince it? Is it dangerous? etc...

Please please dont NOT buy tinned dog food. If you want this mutt to share your boat you want his 'crap' to be semi hard so it can be easily disposed of rather than loose sloppy stuff you would need a high pressure hose to remove. A decent vet can tell what your dog is eating by....
1 colour of its gums
2 texture of its stools (crap)

do you have a planned date for this epic adventure, its been planned with meticulous care for several years now and if its too much longer you may need to start thinking about wheel chair access or a 'personal' assistant to care for you :D

I put new wheels on the boat trailer that were a bit bigger than the 8 inch ones because they have to do so many revs that I feared they might not make it to Victoria from South Australia if Mrs Bullwinkle ever needed to come and rescue me.

Bad idea.

The suspension broke in the process, then after welding it, another bit broke.

Currently I"'m too scared to take it around the block to test in in case it doesnt make it back. I'm thinking of just get it airlifted to the murray mouth at the cost of selling my remaining kidney, and seeing what happens from there.

As to when... its a bit like the way cold fusion is just around the corner :)

It's been 10 years away for some time now

My system

My skills include being able to move slowly forward in time, and if I really concentrate, I can sometimes tell what I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Dec 6th, '17, 23:23 

boss wrote:

Thanks boss.

But it's funny... I dont feel like a rock star.

I need a shiny jumpsuit or something.

Or maybe an instrument.

Or a rockstar lifestyle.

I just threw a TV out of my front window onto my front lawn, but I live in a single story suburban home, so it didnt even attract any attention. In fact it didnt even make a sound. Just a dull thud as it hit the grass.

Actually I've been thinking of taking up the ukulele or something so I can drop a soundtrack over my trip videos (if the trip ever happens). Can you play dueling banjos on a ukulele?

Vlad-a-lum---lum-lum

My system

PostPosted: Dec 6th, '17, 23:36 

DomArnett wrote:
Hey BW, how about re-addressing the age old question of perpetual motion with the info from that link you posted. I’d love to see what the invention machine comes up with. I have always taken it for granted that PM would be impossible, but that graphite seems to have it...

ok

The question of perpetual motion is poorly defined, but...

How about this...

If you just get a shipload of space excavators and pile up a stack of space dirt (comments etc), you make a clod big enough, and it will become a source of (as far as I can tell) geothermal energy.

It should work no matter where you put it (ie it doesn't need a sun or anything, just gravity (whatever that is)) and should work for ever (Perhaps even beyond the "heat death" of the universe as long as you wrap it in that plastic that you buy scissors in (that cant be opened without scissors (poor bastards starting a new home and buying everything they need on day one (or maybe you could wrap it in some graphene))) to stop it falling apart

I lost track of my parenthesis, but you get the picture.

Forget the scissors

Just put them out of your mind...

1.Pile up dirt in space.

2.Build geothermal power plant on it.

Or I guess you could just do it here on earth rather than burning coal.

Whatever's easiest I guess.

My system

PostPosted: Dec 20th, '17, 18:24 

I think I've managed to accidentally grow Maidenhair fern from spore in my aquaponics system.

Which is nice.

My system

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 05:33 

here is a video of some fish in space...

https://youtu.be/nvQoTjGCz0s

My system

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 21:06 

Are you human?: Yes
That was strangely hypnotic. At one point I swear the fish were fighting over who was right side up...

PostPosted: Dec 21st, '17, 21:51 
A posting God
A posting God

BullwinkleII wrote:
boss wrote:

Thanks boss.

Or maybe an instrument.

Or a rockstar lifestyle.

I just threw a TV out of my front window onto my front lawn, but I live in a single story suburban home, so it didnt even attract any attention. In fact it didnt even make a sound. Just a dull thud as it hit the grass.

Actually I've been thinking of taking up the ukulele or something so I can drop a soundtrack over my trip videos (if the trip ever happens). Can you play dueling banjos on a ukulele?

Vlad-a-lum---lum-lum

Nah just make yourself a cape!
Reminds me of a saga which happened to me coincidentally, ten years ago.
[Foreshadowing] I've always had my PC desk in front of a window. Back then a PC screen was a big bulky TV looking thing.
It was during our Summer and I had opened the window.
I was in under the of PC desk fiddling with the cables like I was want to do back then.
I apparently gave just the right wire a little tug and saw to my dismay the monitor slide off its perch above me and out the window it went. While it was only a first floor affair too, the monitor was heavy and it yanked the PC with it.
Since I had a pretty good grip on said cable the PC didn't follow the monitor out the window. When the cascade occurred, I didn't have time to react, except for perhaps yelling "Timber," before climbing out from under the desk to see my monitor hanging by cables out the window a foot off the ground, doh!
It was one of those classic moments where a guy looks around to see if any one saw what just happened. Quickly I jumped into action running outside and lifted the Monitor up and back onto the desk. It deserved another look around outside to see if anyone saw the event. Nope, cool now I had time to make up a story that didn't make me look like an idiot. I don't recall what the story was that I told my wife.
Life goes on.
Of course I was always good at telling a yarn.

PostPosted: Dec 22nd, '17, 02:42 
A posting God
A posting God

A friend of a friend playing the ukulele as you say like a rock star!

PostPosted: Dec 22nd, '17, 09:32 

DomArnett wrote:
That was strangely hypnotic. At one point I swear the fish were fighting over who was right side up...

I agree.

Before the food came in at the bottom (?) they all seemed to orient themselves to the light. Apparently that's what they did for astronauts as well. All the labels on things orient themselves as if the lights are above. But as soon as the food came in, that seemed to take over as the focus.

I wonder if that's the same for the astronauts as well :)

The air bubbles were nice.

I need to find a gas with the same density as water.

My system

PostPosted: Dec 22nd, '17, 09:36 

boss wrote:
BullwinkleII wrote:
boss wrote:

Thanks boss.

Or maybe an instrument.

Or a rockstar lifestyle.

Vlad-a-lum---lum-lum

Nah just make yourself a cape!
Reminds me of a saga which happened to me coincidentally, ten years ago.
[Foreshadowing] I've always had my PC desk in front of a window. Back then a PC screen was a big bulky TV looking thing.
It was during our Summer and I had opened the window.
I was in under the of PC desk fiddling with the cables like I was want to do back then.
I apparently gave just the right wire a little tug and saw to my dismay the monitor slide off its perch above me and out the window it went. While it was only a first floor affair too, the monitor was heavy and it yanked the PC with it.
Since I had a pretty good grip on said cable the PC didn't follow the monitor out the window. When the cascade occurred, I didn't have time to react, except for perhaps yelling "Timber," before climbing out from under the desk to see my monitor hanging by cables out the window a foot off the ground, doh!
It was one of those classic moments where a guy looks around to see if any one saw what just happened. Quickly I jumped into action running outside and lifted the Monitor up and back onto the desk. It deserved another look around outside to see if anyone saw the event. Nope, cool now I had time to make up a story that didn't make me look like an idiot. I don't recall what the story was that I told my wife.
Life goes on.
Of course I was always good at telling a yarn.

Yarn is underrated, and truth is wasted on the honest... or something.

My system

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222  Next