All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: May 22nd, '08, 02:31 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: YES
Wow, I have been through Nm a couple times. I thought it was mostly dessert, lol. I guess the water might be warm enough to let them live. Here the water gets down to 40-50F during the winter and kills tilapia. That is why they allow them here. I think some of the larger tilapia (even the legal ones) survive the east texas winter however... It might be that water temps in NM stay warm enough for them to survive..

Advertisement

PostPosted: May 22nd, '08, 06:16 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

DanDMan wrote:
Wow, I have been through Nm a couple times. I thought it was mostly dessert, lol. I guess the water might be warm enough to let them live. Here the water gets down to 40-50F during the winter and kills tilapia. That is why they allow them here. I think some of the larger tilapia (even the legal ones) survive the east texas winter however... It might be that water temps in NM stay warm enough for them to survive..

It gets much colder here.. the headwaters of the rivers are not too far away and then combine that with 18 degree outside temps.

PostPosted: May 23rd, '08, 01:08 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: yes
May I suggest,...............,,,moove.

:shock: :wink:

Plenty of room here in Australia.

PostPosted: May 23rd, '08, 02:45 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Chappo wrote:
May I suggest,...............,,,moove.

:shock: :wink:

Plenty of room here in Australia.

Got residency secured for me :wink: :D

PostPosted: May 24th, '08, 00:12 
A posting God
A posting God

If you've got any qualifications , near any,your needed.
Our infrastructure just cannot support the rapid growth in digging iron-ore and selling it to China,,,,we need help.

Truly,Australia is screaming for Engineers,Nurses etc and we have increased our immigration intake substantially.

immi.gov.au

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general- ... /index.htm

Do your skills fall into any of thesecatagories? http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general- ... demand.htm

PostPosted: May 24th, '08, 00:18 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Location: Buckhead, The City of Atlanta, The State of Georgia, The Republic of the United States of America
Are you human?: Yes
Slicer, I'd suggest starting your system with aquarium fish (goldfish are usually easiest). That way you can get your system up and running, and producing veggies while you sort out your fish species issues.

PostPosted: May 24th, '08, 00:46 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: Y: I have affadavit
I've found a private source in Southern California who sometimes sells all-male hybrids on EBay. I'm sure she would ship to you. I think she might sell breeders, but starting out with males makes things simpler....

I got mine about 7 weeks back and some are nearing 4". Cute little orange guys with black and red markings. Ran about $32 for 25 3/4" fry that lived (out of 15 bought, 30 shipped). PM me...

PostPosted: May 28th, '08, 13:35 

SlicerDicer wrote:
Commercial, Pond whatever does not matter here in NM it is explicit in NO TILAPIA and a mess of other fish.. hell I have to get permit to get MINNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously this is one screwed up state here. There is regulations for aquarium or whatever it does not matter. Call up Americulture tell them you are in new mexico.. call up miami aquaculture tell them you are in new mexico.. same thing even with bait dealers out of Louisiana.. its AWFUL!!!

What a wonderful thing for the state that gets the most annual sunlight out of any state in the union :(

LoL i called Americulture when i first started looking i talked to Damon Seawright he said minimum order was one box which was 2000 fish at $395 delivered which is a good deal. But he said he could not sell with out a permit. The permit is $25 http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/apps_pe ... rtFish.pdf
but i have some problems with the permit first i was told that the info submitted could be used to tax me and second its none of the governments damn business what i do in my own back yard. What happens if we have a national food shortage or disaster, im doing great being sustainable until the government decides it needs to empty my ponds and take my fish leaving me totally screwed? I dont think so. Its as bad as the National Animal Identification System where they want to record rfid and track every animal you own, chickens, goats ect.

PostPosted: May 28th, '08, 13:40 
A posting God
A posting God

Read about that Tax ..... perhaps it's Tax on profit ..... if that is the case agree as you make zero profit you agree to pay zero tax:) Even better ,, ask them if your costs become a tax deduction,, that always makes the Aussie Tax department squirm.

PostPosted: May 28th, '08, 19:56 
A posting God
A posting God

DesertWolf,
Perhaps shortly after you receive the fish, there will be a "terrible accident" resulting in the "loss" of all your fish. These things do happen, of course. :twisted:

PostPosted: May 29th, '08, 12:46 

janetpelletier wrote:
DesertWolf,
Perhaps shortly after you receive the fish, there will be a "terrible accident" resulting in the "loss" of all your fish. These things do happen, of course. :twisted:

Sure and maybe some day i will be attacked by an unarmed robber and i will hand over my 9mm so he may shoot me. :drunken:

There is a diffrence between an accident or something that is out of your control and enabling someone to do harm to you. You must have great trust in our government. I dont. The less they know the better.

PostPosted: May 29th, '08, 13:00 

You know what i just realized? The state wants me to get a permit to import fish but Americulture the hatchery and the fish are already in the state. So why should i need an import permit?

PostPosted: May 29th, '08, 20:21 
A posting God
A posting God

Not only are you not importing, you are not releasing them into New Mexico waterways. I'd say that is the wrong permit, but in glancing at the other permits available, I suppose it is the most applicable.

Perhaps another conversation with Americulture would be in order?

PostPosted: May 30th, '08, 03:29 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: YES
I found here that all the permits do not really apply to persons because the tweak all the definitions to something other than reality.

PostPosted: May 30th, '08, 07:50 

janetpelletier wrote:
Not only are you not importing, you are not releasing them into New Mexico waterways. I'd say that is the wrong permit, but in glancing at the other permits available, I suppose it is the most applicable.

Perhaps another conversation with Americulture would be in order?

We think alike :mrgreen: i wrote them last night and asked why i needed an import permit when i was in the same state as the hatchery and this is the answer i got back:

Those are just the rules. Game and Fish wants control over the distribution
of all fish in the state. There is no way around working with them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next