All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jul 20th, '17, 13:04 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: YES
OK now if you've lived in Perth, or decent chuck of time you will know will know your way around, me I live in south of the river .. so somewhere south of the river would great but beggers can't be choosers lol .... keep that in mind :D

Sound that said I'm after 20kg's/30kgs of good quality fish feed... something that suits SP and goldfish a my son has 3 in with my SP -which I have 8 or so atm .. does anybody recommend any places/people that sell this sorta high protein fish feed?

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jul 20th, '17, 13:23 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you human?: yes
Try Cheidys mate, in Jandakot.

PostPosted: Jul 20th, '17, 15:49 
A posting God
A posting God

I would not purchase that much food with that amount of fish you only need a couple of kgs max. If you don't store it well you will get pantry moths and/or it will go off. :)

PostPosted: Jul 21st, '17, 22:33 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Are you human?: Yup
Hiya KAZ, I get mine (Skretting) from Stirling bulk distributors in Tenterden. It gets delivered to Forrestdale for a small fee. Jan is very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Around $80 off the top of my head.
I store it in a 20kg bucket with a tight fitting lid. It holds 10kg so 2 buckets is the go and use a smaller container again so you don't keep opening the lid to keep it fresh.
Check the manufacture date if you purchase elsewhere and if it is over a year old pass on it as the bags aren't airtight and as others have mentioned it does go off.
Hth.

PostPosted: Nov 24th, '17, 14:31 

Are you human?: YES
I want to recommend you the Practical Aquaponics which is known for providing the best services in this field. I am sure they will help you to get the right food for your fish. They provide the best fish food for native Australian species such as Jade Perch, Silver Perch and Murray Cod.

Regards,
Murray Hallam
Consultant in Queensland
https://www.imaspammer.com

PostPosted: Nov 25th, '17, 05:25 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Are you human?: Sometimes
Persistent :naughty:

My Fish:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiiZv ... iWEVFANEVQ

PostPosted: Nov 25th, '17, 14:55 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: mostly
Hi kaz,

you probably want Skretting Nova ME sinking 3mm

Cheidys is one option.

I source mine from Ideal Fish Feed via post and get it in 5kg lots.
Ian (from Victoria) is a member around here.

[PM me if you want details]

May the fish sh*t and the plants grow.....

PostPosted: Nov 26th, '17, 10:25 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you human?: Yes
+1 for Stirling Bulk Distributors.

Pretty sure I paid just over $100 for a 20kg bag last time. That's delivered to my door.

Much more than I needed, but hard to go past the cost per kg compared to local stores in Perth.

Works out okay if you have a big freezer.
Split it into 2-3kg ziplock bags and store in freezer, then just take out one bag at a time as I need.
Seems to be keeping fine.

Would work best if you split a bag with a mate.
I don't have any, so I couldn't.

PostPosted: Nov 26th, '17, 13:20 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Not before 8am
Stirling Bulk were the distributor in W.A. but no longer carry Skrettings, haven't for about 4 or 5 months. There are a number of retailers in Perth and W.A... Google is your friend.

PostPosted: Nov 26th, '17, 21:29 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Well fancy that, thanks mr damage.
I did a Google search and your shop came up at the top Damage and your fish food was only $40 per 20kg bag more than what Stirlings were distributing it for......... 30% more.
More googling required me thinks.

PostPosted: Nov 26th, '17, 21:50 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Ok so for the record, Woodvale F&L seems to be the best buy @ $90 per 20kg p/up from store with an extra $15 for delivery to the metro area.

When purchasing feed from anywhere it is important to check the manufacture date. ;)

PostPosted: Nov 27th, '17, 00:01 
A posting God
A posting God

skeggley wrote:
Well fancy that, thanks mr damage.
I did a Google search and your shop came up at the top Damage and your fish food was only $40 per 20kg bag more than what Stirlings were distributing it for......... 30% more.
More googling required me thinks.

Geez, I bet you feel pleased with yourself.

Stirling's were not a retailer, they were the sole state distributor, a wholesaler of bulk product (hence the name Stirling Bulk Distributors), and as such shouldn't have been selling it direct to the public unless you were a registered business in an associated field and provided an ABN. They were the only option retail stores in WA had for purchasing the product and they were selling it to us at the same price they were selling it to the public, even those buying just one or two bags.

So basically what you're saying is you begrudge a retail store, with all the associated overheads that come with that, from making even 30% on top of the wholesale price of a product???... and did even you account for 10% GST that comes off the top my retail price and gets sent to the tax man… Maybe I should just start a charity that sells Aquaponic products to the public for the same price I pay for it… because God forbid I should make a living for my family.

As far as Woodvale are concerned, Skrettings granted them, a retail store, the state distributorship when Stirling’s dropped it. So now any retail store in WA that wants to stock Skrettings has to purchase it from them… a competitor… and the first thing they did when they were handed the distributorship was to drop their retail price from the $122-$125 per 20kg bag they and every other store had been charging, to the $90 you quoted, then jack up the wholesale price to the other stores to the point where if we match their $90 we make less than $10, and that’s provided we pick it up ourselves and don’t pay the $15 per bag courier fee… Don’t believe me?... ask the girls at Cheidy’s, or any other store that stocks it.

As far as my store showing up at the top of a google search for Skrettings in Perth is concerned, surely that’s a commendable achievement, especially considering I do my own SEO.

PostPosted: Nov 27th, '17, 09:41 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
Yeah, Stirling were bastards in that aspect... I would buy feed by the pallet, it would come directly from skretting in Tasmania, shipped into Perth where we picked it up, and Stirlings would never even lay a hand on it. Yet they charged me the same rate as any Jo Blow off the street who wanted one bag from them that they would post up from their warehouse in the south west... Made me look like a prick for the prices I had to charge to allow for costs of rent, wages, power etc, etc... And woodvale? Not had nice experiences with them.. Glad I'm not having to deal with any of that any more. :headbang:

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Nov 27th, '17, 10:58 
A posting God
A posting God

Yup!... Especially in regards to Woodvale. What they've done is a low act as far as I'm concerned. Much more to say, but biting tongue, counting to ten, walking away from keyboard... back to polishing my collection of rare vintage Ferraris.

PostPosted: Mar 12th, '18, 21:24 
In need of a life
In need of a life

Sooooo, I took a trip down to Woodvale to buy some more pellets and have a nosey.
I'd looked on their website and checked the price which seemed quite reasonable. When I looked at the price in store it was substantially more, more than the delivered price online infact! So I asked the question and was told if I wanted it at web price I had to order it online.....
Their justifiable reasons weren't really justifiable, they really could take a leaf out of Damages book for sure!
So I pulled out my phone and said fine I'll order it online. :) For some reason it seemed to annoy them.... But happy ending, I got it for the web price after all, my son was so proud. :)
So if you are planning to get more bulk feed from Woodvale make sure you order it online first. ;)