All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Apr 1st, '18, 02:59 

Are you human?: Yes
I've set up a very small system as a trial so that I can set up in my farm.but unfortunately my cucumber plants don't seem to produce any fruits.it has grow many flowers,at least a 100 flowers but fruits.and my 3 tomato plants in Dutch bucket seem to have some kind of black spots at the base of the plant.and also yellowing of the leaves except for the veins.could you please help me with my problem?and also I have only 3 fishes and the system is of 25ltrs.
Thank you
Vishwanath Savadi

Advertisement

PostPosted: Apr 1st, '18, 07:39 

Are you human?: YES
Pics would help if you can get some.

The yellowing sounds like it could be an iron deficiency but the pics would really help. The spotting near the bottom could be a lot of things as well but see if you're splashing water up on the leaves and if you are then avoid it in the future.

Lots of flowers and no fruit :? Is this an indoor system and are there any pollinators around? If it's indoors you may need to pollinate some of the flowers by hand because there aren't any insects to do it.

PostPosted: Apr 1st, '18, 11:09 

It's an outdoor system.even my water melon plant has grown about 4 flowers but no fruit.and loads of pollinators.everything seems to be perfect but I'm having these problems.ive added chelated iron with 12% and azomite powder and organic fish food.

PostPosted: Apr 1st, '18, 13:41 

Are you human?: yes ok
Vsalv wrote:
I've set up a very small system as a trial so that I can set up in my farm.but unfortunately my cucumber plants don't seem to produce any fruits.it has grow many flowers,at least a 100 flowers but fruits.and my 3 tomato plants in Dutch bucket seem to have some kind of black spots at the base of the plant.and also yellowing of the leaves except for the veins.could you please help me with my problem?and also I have only 3 fishes and the system is of 25ltrs.
Thank you
Vishwanath Savadi

I believe your describing a male cucumber plant. they only produce flowers and lots of them. suggesting you have a heritage type. If you grow a F1 variety they perform way better.

PostPosted: Apr 1st, '18, 14:08 

I'm not able to attach photos.if you could give me your email id I'll send them to you.i felt like cucumber needed a lot of nutrition,so I just disconnected tomatoes and planted them in the soil and trying to see how it goes.my email id is savadi_vishwa@yahoo.com.
There's enough pollinators and it's an outdoor system.

PostPosted: Apr 1st, '18, 17:28 

It's better if you post the pics here so others can see. Basically you just need to resize the images - there are a couple of threads about posting images here near the top -

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

PostPosted: Apr 1st, '18, 17:35 

Even my watermelon plant has produced about 4 flowers and no fruits.and the growth is very slow.but they are growing.

PostPosted: Apr 2nd, '18, 00:13 

Watermelon is in the curcurbit family same as cucumber so it's not surprising that it's also having troubles. A lot of times this is related to how early in the season it is or the air temperature. Have a look at this, it might give you some insight - https://bonnieplants.com/2012/07/pollination-problems-give-hand-pollination-a-try/.

PostPosted: Apr 2nd, '18, 14:12 

I disconnected my tomatoes about 24 hours back and I think 2 cucumbers have already grown but are very small.i think my system was too small and now it's recovering and doing pretty well compared to yesterday.i think in about 2 to 3 days I'll get to see huge changes.feels so great to see them grow.