All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Oct 17th, '16, 21:16 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you human?: yes
Hey all, ive hand built a system and need to sell it because where im moving i cant take it. Been tinkering with it for 2 season and its rock solid. Includes 2 homemade wood stands for a 4x4 Hydroton bed, a 4x4 dwc, a 150g stock tank w its own stand, a dual sump, 1 pump system. Uses an autosyphon that has not missed a beat since installation. i'll throw in every component i have which includes, grow pots for the raft, the raft, extra 1 1/2 raft material, all extra pvc i have, a 100 ft drainage lay flat drainage hose, water testing kit. the lettuce canopy i built, the trellis i built. you will have literally everything you need to start a system in your basement or next spring except for water, and fish. ive easily got over 1000 in the system and am selling it for half that. feel free to ask me any questions, for more pictures...anything. thanks
Attachment:
Aqua1.JPG
Aqua1.JPG [ 163.12 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Attachment:
Aqua2.JPG
Aqua2.JPG [ 156.82 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Attachment:
Aqua3.JPG
Aqua3.JPG [ 165.02 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Attachment:
Aqua4.JPG
Aqua4.JPG [ 130.33 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Attachment:
Aqua6.JPG
Aqua6.JPG [ 161.42 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Advertisement

PostPosted: Oct 17th, '16, 21:44 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: YES
Indy,
That's a pretty nice looking rig for $500. I'm sure you will be sad to see it go... :support:

--
Sam

Jardín Acuaponía #1

PostPosted: Oct 17th, '16, 23:56 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

thanks Sam, one of the wifes requirements is that it look decent on our backyard. lol. I am very sorry to see it go. Obviously could have built it cheaper by not buying expensive tubs and actual Hydroton, which is expensive compared to just gravel. I tried to make the plumbing look clean. Cant tell you how many hours i spent tinkering and planning. tons of fun and maybe i'll be able to build another.

PostPosted: Oct 18th, '16, 01:29 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Nice looking setup - where did you find those tubs?

PostPosted: Oct 18th, '16, 02:30 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Eddie, i found those at a hyrdoponics/aquaponics store on the sw side of chicago. I could get you the name but the odds you are close to them are pretty slim. I suspect he gets them from Sylvia over at The Aquaponics Source, or has her contact for those bins, as thats where the autosyphon kit he sold me was from. On her site those 75 g ones are 199 each plus a hefty shipping fee. I paid under 150 each for them if i recall correctly. the FT was a rubbermaid 150 g stock tank i got from a chain farm and fleet store. The bins were the toughest thing to find. i was at the point of making my own when i stumbled across the guy in chicago. Its not like people keep crap like that in stock you know. You can find it on the internet but everyone wants an arm and a leg to ship them to you. I might keep the system stored away if i cant find a home for it. I really enjoyed the process/planning of building it and i think all that time paid off.

PostPosted: Oct 18th, '16, 02:56 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Yeah that's why I asked cuz I have had a hard time finding something like that. I have used the mortar mixing trays from Home Depot and they work well but they aren't deep enough for heavily fruiting plants(without stakes). If you could get me the name, maybe I can find another source for them. Just need the brand name or whatever is on the side of them(sticker).

Thanks so much for the info! I personally would keep that system - it looks nice and probably functions well based on the design.

PostPosted: Oct 18th, '16, 04:19 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Attachment:
aqau7.JPG
aqau7.JPG [ 87.52 KiB | Viewed 941 times ]

Here you go. i had forgotten about the sticker until you said something.

PostPosted: Oct 18th, '16, 22:36 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Thanks Indy! Much appreciated!

PostPosted: Oct 22nd, '16, 03:07 

What a great setup and deal!
I'm just getting started with Aquaponics and doing lots of research. I live in eastern Kentucky about 4.5 hours from Indianapolis. Is your system still for sale?

-Lindsey

PostPosted: Oct 24th, '16, 01:37 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Lindsey it is. Im really conflicted about keeping it as i have a lot of man hours into building/designing it. I hate to do this to you but because it was such a labor of love, i'd like to get a little more out of it. If you tell me you'll come get it, i'll get it drained and cleaned up some. i'll mark all the pipes, bag all the Hydroton for easier transport, and take a bunch more pictures so that you can set it back up without too much trouble. i'm thinking 700 is probably fair. I'll throw in every last bit of spare pvc, whatever seed starter trays i have, my 100 foot drainage hose and all the odds and ends i can find. you'll need a decent size vehicle to transport it all. theres the big 150 rubbermaid that takes up the most space. the two grow beds will slide into eachother,the two sump tanks will slide into eachother, i could probably sort of stack it all together to see what kind of truckbed size you'd need to have if that would be helpful. i can also give you pretty specific dimensions on every component so you can do your own math. i would think a full size cargo van would do as well. give it some thought and let me know what you think about everything.

PostPosted: Jan 23rd, '17, 10:50 

Hey there, I just joined this page a few minutes ago, and just moved to Indiana a few months ago. I just got back from an aquaponics workshop. Do you still have the setup for sale? I live about 45 minutes north of Indy, and have a full-size truck to move it.

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '17, 00:04 

Have you sold your system yet? I live about 45 minutes north of Indy, and I have a pickup truck.

PostPosted: Jan 31st, '17, 03:49 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

philosopharmer, i have not. are you still looking? you can email me at toddsakai@yahoo.com. sorry i havent checked this in a few weeks.