All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Dec 31st, '17, 16:48 

Are you human?: yes
hi

i have a running acquaponic system with 3 blue barrels cut in half. i have been operating this system for a while in my home and recently moved to a farm where i plan to build a bigger system. i had the barrels sitting on ikea table in my home but now in the farm due to uneven surface they are bending. what’s the best way to deal with uneven surface apart from laying a proper con concrete floor? i plan to buld a big media bed in future so will face the problem again. please let me know. cant upload pictures because of size limit

thanks

Advertisement

PostPosted: Dec 31st, '17, 19:09 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: YES
Get some clean fill dirt/sand/crusher fines (small in particle size) and set some 2x4s in the area of where you want to place GB. Level end to end as well as side to side to try and the higher side is what you will build to to make a level surface. Fill with material and use the 2x4 as rails with which you screed the material to fill in the irregularities.

Be sure to compact the areas where the paver will support area.

Then place some paver stones at support locations and should offer enough of a foundation to support load and give a level working surface without the expense of concrete.

Now, if doing larger raised bed, concrete piers at load locations needed and can fill in the rest of the area with fill dirt instead of concrete for the entire area.

Hope this give you a general idea.

Adam