All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Forum Advertising policy
PostPosted: Apr 8th, '08, 20:51 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)
FORUM ADVERTISING POLICY

Backyard Aquaponics has implemented an advertising policy that must be adhered to by all members and guests of the forum.

The Backyard Aquaponics forum is provided as a free service to members and guests, with the objective of promoting Aquaponics worldwide through knowledge building and sharing. At present, the forum is free from advertising, including potentially annoying banners and pop-ups.

The owner of the Backyard Aquaponics Forum is also the proprietor of the Backyard Aquaponics Shop, which supplies Aquaponics related products from it’s premises in Perth Western Australia as well as through mail order, distributors and agents. Backyard Aquaponics reserves the right to restrict the use of the forum by others where such use is for the purpose, wholly or partly, of furthering their own commercial activities. The Backyard Aquaponics team also seeks to protect members, as far as is reasonably possible, from unsolicited private messages and emails sent for the purpose of product advertising.

The intent of the advertising policy should be clear from its content. Members and guests are requested to respect this intent by not seeking ways to undertake activities that are contrary to this, regardless of whether such activities are strictly prohibited by the policy as written. Any deliberate contravention of this policy may result in the offender being banned from the forum without warning.

Your co-operation is appreciated.

Joel Malcolm.

1. Commercial Advertising – Any commercial advertising on the forum, without first obtaining the express written permission of Joel Malcolm, is strictly prohibited.

2. Private/Non-commercial Advertising – A Buy, Sell, Swap section has been provided on the forum which may be used by private individuals for the purpose of advertising the one-off sale of items. The most common example of this form of advertising is for used items that are surplus to the seller’s current needs.

3. Unsolicited Emails or Private Messages (PMs) – Use of the Backyard Aquaponics forum to send or facilitate the sending of unsolicited PMs or emails to members, advertising the availability of products for sale, is strictly prohibited.

4. Product References in Posts – Sharing sources of products used in member Aquaponics systems is allowed, but only to the extent that such references are within the context of the discussion in the member’s system thread. Any abuse of this allowable practice for the purpose of advertising products will result in appropriate action by moderators/admin.

5. Responding to Questions – A supplier of product is permitted to respond to specific questions regarding their own product, but only to the extent warranted to answer the question. Where a general question is raised regarding sources of product, a supplier must not offer information regarding their product without first obtaining the express written authorisation of a forum administrator or moderator. An exception to this is where, in response to a question, a person provides a link to a post that they or another has made to the Buy, Sell, Swap section of the forum.

6. Member Signatures – Except with the express written approval of Joel Malcolm, member signatures must not contain advertisements or links to commercial websites.

Profile Personal album  
    Advertisement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 8th, '08, 20:53 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you have any queries regarding this policy please contact either myself or one of the moderators.

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Oct 20th, '12, 08:43 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Only after 3 coffees
Thats clear enougth

BackYard Aquaponics
ccBear's First System

BackYard Farming
CcBear's Dunbyu Gardens

PostPosted: Oct 21st, '12, 12:12 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: Unknown Cyborg
premiercoolingtech is most likely a bot of some sort. Posting vaguely on topic sentences in various ancient threads.
Most likely seeding itself in to get a higher post count so it can spam later with less scrutiny.

Arduino UNO Data Sender / Logger

PostPosted: Oct 21st, '12, 12:24 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: yes
I agree.

PostPosted: Oct 21st, '12, 13:12 

PM'd him yesterday guys. I like to give the benifit of the doubt sometimes.... but always watching. :twisted:

~Backyard farming~

PostPosted: Oct 21st, '12, 14:07 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your on the ball after your holiday.... :)

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Oct 21st, '12, 18:16 
Spam Assassin (Be afraid!)
Spam Assassin     (Be afraid!)

I already deleted his signature

................................................................. . Image

PostPosted: Oct 21st, '12, 22:13 

I would have but I dont have those privileges Super mod... :cry:

~Backyard farming~

Last edited by Charlie on Oct 21st, '12, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
added tears..

PostPosted: Apr 6th, '14, 09:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it's time to bump this.. Members please read the first post so that you can understand the forum policy with regards to advertising products and services. And yes, this also refers to all the people who are "just helping others that are looking for their product", those who aren't doing it as a full business but rather just a bit on the side, those doing group purchases that become regular things etc.

This forum is provided free, along with a number of other informational products and websites that are all supplied free to help people learn about aquaponics. There are costs involved in providing this forum and websites and informational products, and these costs have to be met by me or rather the company BYAP. The business has rent to pay on a commercial retail outlet, it has staff to pay, insurances, taxes, web hosting costs, etc. All these overheads need to be met before we can provide the free goods and services.

So when someone decides to just "do a bit on the side" out of their garage making some product, selling it cheap to help others out and make a little bit on the side. Well that's great having that entrepreneurial spirit and I encourage it, but at the same time you really need to find your own advertising and marketing avenues. If you start promoting your product or service through this forum then your taking away potential customers from BYAP, while not having the overhead of setting up maintaining and promoting the forums and websites that BYAP has had..

Makes it all a bit of an unfair playing field really doesn't it?

I guess it basically boils down to to this. If BYAP doesn't advertise it's own goods and services on it's own forum, then why should others do it? :)

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: Apr 6th, '14, 13:04 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: yes, arent we all ?
Sounds pretty fair to me :thumbright:

I come here often to get away from the constant flood of adds on the "Idiot Box" and don't want to find myself reading them here.

The exception to this would be The odd add for a product or service provided by BYAP of course (monthly specials type thing).

the rest can go invest In their own promotion somewhere else. :naughty:

fish pond
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16559

disasters
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14491&start=30

PostPosted: Sep 21st, '15, 23:35 

Are you human?: YES
earthbound wrote:
(...)

1. Commercial Advertising – Any commercial advertising on the forum, without first obtaining the express written permission of Joel Malcolm, is strictly prohibited.
(...)

Hi there,

How can I get in touch with Joel Malclom regarding this?

Best Regards,

Patrick

PostPosted: Sep 25th, '15, 15:44 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can send me a PM using the button just below this post.

Profile Personal album