All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Apr 9th, '17, 21:09 

Are you human?: yes
Hello,

Well I have found most of the required components and am about to embark on the assembly of my very first system. Have big plans but am forcing myself to start small with a dual IBC system. Hoping to add some half barrel grow beds at a later stage. Fingers crossed, I am sure there will be plenty challenges ahead ( for one I have to figure out how to keep the fish tank temperature down enough in the summer at 43 Degrees C outside air temperature) Thinking about putting it half in the ground.

Wish me luck, will post some pics when it is all up and running but given time constrains that could take a month or so.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Apr 9th, '17, 22:59 

Are you human?: YES
Welcome to the forum Bear68 :wave:. Looking forward to the pictures :headbang:

PostPosted: Apr 17th, '17, 19:14 

Hi! looking forward to hear from you how to keep temperature down. We are on a roof terrace in Malta and summers are hot too here.

Unfortunately we can not burying anything in the ground but if we were on the soil, I would definately do the same. We are looking for opportunities to do geothermal storage (store the wintercold in the ground and use it in the summer)

how is your situation?

Bear68 wrote:
Hello,

Well I have found most of the required components and am about to embark on the assembly of my very first system. Have big plans but am forcing myself to start small with a dual IBC system. Hoping to add some half barrel grow beds at a later stage. Fingers crossed, I am sure there will be plenty challenges ahead ( for one I have to figure out how to keep the fish tank temperature down enough in the summer at 43 Degrees C outside air temperature) Thinking about putting it half in the ground.

Wish me luck, will post some pics when it is all up and running but given time constrains that could take a month or so.

we push the transition to a fairer and sustainable society

PostPosted: Aug 13th, '17, 19:06 

The heat has defeated me for the moment. It was too hot in the workshop or outside . Have the system half finished and plan to complete in October when the weather cools down. Also still waiting for the hydrocorn to ship from Saudi.