All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sep 13th, '17, 19:08 

Are you human?: YES
A BIG shout out to begin with !!

I am krishna, living in birmingham, originally from Hyderabad, India. I have recently come across aquaponics and amazed by the natural closed loop system of agriculture (I see it this way bcoz I am an automotive controls engineer, testing closed loop systems everyday ) !

I would like to deploy a rooftop system for my parents back in India when I visit there in a couple of months and also try one simple system in my UK home next summer.. So I am here to interact with fellow enthusiasts and gain knowledge, insights and suggestions to build my own system in two different geographies !

I am only worried about the time I have during my short 3 week vacation to India when I want to set this up for my parents on their rooftop so they can eat healthy & fresh. I will be glad to receive any help from members already in Hyd who have experimented/using aquaponics or some guides to set it up myself in India

Cheers

:wave:

Advertisement

PostPosted: Sep 14th, '17, 00:54 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Krishna, its a shame you can't do the smaller home system first to gain confidence and knowledge. Why don't you map the space and come up with a system design, then fost it here for feedback. Consider your budget and available materials. I imagine a media bed system would be the simplest to build and maintain with limited time and resources etc. All the inspiration you need can be found around this forum!

PostPosted: Sep 14th, '17, 02:36 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Krishna, we have a member 'abdul' who lives in Pakistan. He built a roof top system which he has dubbed 'Mamaponics'.

Here is a link to his thread, maybe you can get something from his thread or talking to him for help, might be the closest to the growing conditions in India. He posts video updates.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20601&hilit=abdul

PostPosted: Sep 14th, '17, 02:44 
Legend Member
Legend Member

here is another of abdul's threads that I have not read yet... so I'm headed there now!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7892&hilit=abdul

PostPosted: Sep 15th, '17, 01:35 

@danny and @Rob

Thanks for your inputs ! I am already looking into some videos of abdul and a couple of whitepapers to understand the system better.

I am still making my notes and will soon start off with pictures of my location and get your suggestions in setting up my own little system in india !