All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: May 7th, '16, 11:51 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you human?: Yes-Mainly
Deuem wrote:
We have cameras on all our phones and Ipad. The problem is they will no longer hook up to windows 10. I have to email them to myself and they get cut down so much the clarity is terrible. Even if I get them, I can only get to photobucket when the internet gods allow.

Now you sound like me.... i hate the new windows.... Havent liked one since 7.

Advertisement

PostPosted: May 7th, '16, 12:13 
I did the pre survey for it and it said all of my programs were A-Ok. Now I know why. The moment it was loaded, it deleted any program it didn't like. I lost over 30 small programs I have downloaded over the years. It also tells me all the time that my drivers are now out of date yet won't let me update them. Bill Gates is as bad as Monsanto. For my self I had the older XP ser 3 pack running like a race engine. Finally no problems at all. All desktop users were happy. So no one wanted to move up. Well he can't make any more billions that way can he. So he started to kill off every internet application that used it. In the end we had no choice. This W10 is for all the people with touch pads not for us. My memory usage was 28%. Now it is over 55 and heads into the higher numbers all the time. Even 100% and locks up. The new browser called Microsoft Edge is just plain garbage. When you open a tab it just sits there till the site is finished loading and won't let you do anything else. I don't care if it was free, I want my XP-3 Back. It worked the best of them all.

PostPosted: May 7th, '16, 12:16 
I posted this on another thread. This is the closest net photo I could find that looks like my White Koi Carp. Mine is 100% white with no red on the head.

PostPosted: May 7th, '16, 21:11 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: YES
Deuem wrote:
So, they had real rods and reals and told me where to buy them. 600 bucks for the start up. More for all the goodies. Next large cash flow and we will buy one.

I've been fishing with a hand ring or hand caster so long I almost don't remember what a rod-and-reel look like:
Pretty easy to use and much less than 600 bucks! Line wrapped around a stick or small board or bottle works just as well.

Actually I still use rod-and-reels, but now only when out deep sea fishing.

--
Sam

Jardín Acuaponía #1

PostPosted: May 7th, '16, 21:41 
Legend Member
Legend Member

jmcdaniel0 wrote:
Deuem wrote:
Bill Gates is as bad as Monsanto. [ ... ] In the end we had no choice. This W10 is for all the people with touch pads not for us. My memory usage was 28%. Now it is over 55 and heads into the higher numbers all the time. Even 100% and locks up. The new browser called Microsoft Edge is just plain garbage. [ ... ] I don't care if it was free, I want my XP-3 Back.

Why would you guys use Microsoft Windows if you don't like it? There are many good alternatives -- most of them free! I think the last Microsoft Windows O/S I ran was Windows 2000, but I may have jumped ship even before that. I've either been running on Unix, Linux, or Mac OS X desktops every since. You can easily try different operating systems without wiping out your Microsoft Windows installation by installing VirtualBox (a free hypervisor) and then installing whatever O/S you want to try within VitualBox as a Guest O/S.

VirtualBox - a general purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware
10 Alternative PC Operating Systems You Can Install

Hugh Dillon (and Sam!) wrote:
Life is too short to spend in negativity. So I have made a conscious effort to not be where I don't want to be.

That's probably explains why I'm hanging out in the jungle enjoying life much more than I ever did when part of the rat race...

¡Pura Vida, Mae! :headbang:

--
Sam

Jardín Acuaponía #1

PostPosted: May 7th, '16, 22:50 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

nosliwmas wrote:
jmcdaniel0 wrote:
Deuem wrote:
Bill Gates is as bad as Monsanto. [ ... ] In the end we had no choice. This W10 is for all the people with touch pads not for us. My memory usage was 28%. Now it is over 55 and heads into the higher numbers all the time. Even 100% and locks up. The new browser called Microsoft Edge is just plain garbage. [ ... ] I don't care if it was free, I want my XP-3 Back.

Why would you guys use Microsoft Windows if you don't like it? There are many good alternatives -- most of them free! I think the last Microsoft Windows O/S I ran was Windows 2000, but I may have jumped ship even before that. I've either been running on Unix, Linux, or Mac OS X desktops every since. You can easily try different operating systems without wiping out your Microsoft Windows installation by installing VirtualBox (a free hypervisor) and then installing whatever O/S you want to try within VitualBox as a Guest O/S.

VirtualBox - a general purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware
10 Alternative PC Operating Systems You Can Install

Hugh Dillon (and Sam!) wrote:
Life is too short to spend in negativity. So I have made a conscious effort to not be where I don't want to be.

That's probably explains why I'm hanging out in the jungle enjoying life much more than I ever did when part of the rat race...

¡Pura Vida, Mae! :headbang:

--
Sam

I dual boot Kali Linux, its pretty nice.

PostPosted: May 8th, '16, 04:57 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: yes
All my fish have this red speck on their eye. are yours similar?

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: May 8th, '16, 09:04 
@ nosliwmas Using a roll of line brings me back to my kid days and flat fishing. I can certainly try it. Something is better then nothing. They also just tie a line to the end of a long bamboo pole. That works but with either there is no casting or lures. I am pretty sure I can whip out some bait as far as these guys casted it. If I can get some bobbins, I can float it out with the wind.

PostPosted: May 8th, '16, 20:38 
White Koi Carp:

Only since I have been talking about him being 100% whiter, it looks like he is moving into his adult stage and out of the blue, 4 of his fins are now showing signs of orange or red color. Just a pinch of color but it is there. I read that the Koi that keep their colors into adult hood are worth more money. Many of the babies have awesome colors that fade away at that point. Something like we grow gray hair, they turn colors. The real expensive ones are those who actually get better in color when they mature. more then 10,000 bucks a fish. UDS. many of the local adults here can be worth thousands of RMB and one can easily have over a hundred thousand tied up in one Tank/Pond.

PostPosted: May 9th, '16, 04:37 

The trick is to buy a cheap one that turns into an expensive one :D

PostPosted: May 9th, '16, 10:48 
They actually try to fake them by injecting colors just below the scales and one has to know the fish to be sure. The die will eventually wear off and they return to normal So the big thing now is getting fish tattooed with you name in the scales. I would never buy one but people are.

If you can buy a cheap fish and it is a late bloomer then you are lucky. Like a race horse that comes out of nowhere.

PostPosted: May 9th, '16, 23:33 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thought I would show you one of my favorite collecting and fishing spots. Notice the pipe that was installed so local farmers can get good water.

PostPosted: May 10th, '16, 08:09 
Yes, I can see how it is calling out to you. Down stream and up stream also. How do they get to that pipe. Swim out or toss a pump in the flow area?

PostPosted: May 10th, '16, 10:16 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Deuem wrote:
Yes, I can see how it is calling out to you. Down stream and up stream also. How do they get to that pipe. Swim out or toss a pump in the flow area?

Most people put IBC totes or water tank on trailers and back them under the spout and fill up. Ever now and then you get an idiot tries to back his truck in there, and the game wardens promptly fine him. The water under the spout is only 4-8 inches deep. The water in the main stream gets to about 5 ft. The water is COLD! But a good swimming hole when it 106 F outside and 100% humidity.

The fly fishing above and below the water fall is amazing. and it is about 15 minutes from my house. That pic is taken back in the fall Ill grab a current one for you.

PostPosted: May 10th, '16, 12:03 
I see now, like a boat trailer with a water tank. Is that water drinkable or just for plants?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next