All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jan 12th, '18, 23:13 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Are you human?: when in a good mood
I've been running two Jebao pumps for over 3 years. I will never buy anything else now. Mine perform flawlessly, are whisper quiet. I love the feed button that turns it off for 10 minutes, and the adjustable speed settings as I normally have the power dialed back to save energy. But occasionally I need to bump it up to compensate for reduced flow until I clean a filter or some pipes. I'm undecided on the soft start feature as sometimes a sudden blast of pressure when starting a pump is useful for blowing out the pipes or similar. But it probably helps prolong the life of the pump, etc. They also have a no-water shutoff feature that prevents them from running dry.

I have the DC6000 submerged in my IBC system and the DC900 hard-piped for my 1000 gallon system. They run 24/7 unless I shut down to clean an RFF or similar.

5 growbeds

9 kW Solar Electric 2011

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jan 12th, '18, 23:41 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: mostly
Interesting on the Jebao. I see via eBay now they have a lot of models and many now in the premium price/spec range. Interesting that a couple look like copies of the Laguna.
The were some 6000 LPH ones that were selling on eBay in Aust a couple of years ago for <$100
(our Aust prices are well above Amazon etc usually 2x US$ price). $69 I seem to recall. They were crap.

[edit] actually it reminded me of Sydney Chick who got one of the Jebao 6500 LPH eco pumps, and found the head-flow rates didn't match up with the online specs. Always wondered how hers worked out.

I guess it comes down to models, pump construction and to some extent price.
I would happily tell you the model I had but it was while back now and I threw it out in disgust.

I had a Mako 4000 LPH. First one did my house RCD after couple weeks on a timer (30mins-30mins).
After lots of threats and PayPal intervention the seller replaced it. Actually still have the second one as an every now and again pump. But I don't think I would trust it as a main system pump. But I know others who use them.

the guys below have an interesting summary and a Budget-Good-Better-Best rating system.
IMO tends to be a pretty fair summary. (the prices will be interesting for US who tend to get these same pumps at much better price points)
http://www.creativepumps.com.au/zpumps/ ... 1_3000.htm

May the fish sh*t and the plants grow.....