All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Jan 19th, '17, 12:45 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: YES
Sorry I haven't been around for support. Since starting this thread I've had 2 kids and one of them diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. It's been busy. The garden is completely neglected though the controller is still ticking away without issue.

Luciano, check your PMs. I'll try to help as best I can, when I can.

Arduino Aquaponic System Controller - Github

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jan 19th, '17, 23:15 

Are you human?: yes
Sorry to hear "Cystic Fibrosis." Family is always first. Hope all works out as best as can be expected.

Greg

PostPosted: Jan 19th, '17, 23:57 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Hi Chiumanfu! :wave1:

Its nice to hear from you, your input has been amazing, but don't sweat it if you aren't around, you certainly have bigger issues to support you family in.

Cheers

PostPosted: Jan 20th, '17, 04:12 

My best to you and your kids Chiumanfu.

PostPosted: Feb 2nd, '17, 06:41 

I am new at using the arduino but have successfully programed a few projects with the uno
but i am having a hard time compiling the sketch for this controller i have the libraries and the main sketch but it keeps finding errors in compiling.
always branching into needing missing files you add the files and it needs more what am i missing here
and i the only one with this problem?

PostPosted: Feb 3rd, '17, 03:01 
Legend Member
Legend Member

dom I believe chiumanfu was using an older program for his sketches. I think the new version of IDE is not compatible with his original code without heavy modifications. I'm not sure if anyone has done an exact build with the newer program to be able to post updated code or not. Personally I've copied the code, deleted out a bunch of the items I don't plan to use and then am using his as a reference to write my own but googling each item as I need help figuring out how to do something in the new IDE rather than trying to update it with all of the errors I was getting.

I believe at one point in this thread he mentioned what version of the program he was using... if you can find that and download the old version it might work without modification for you.

PostPosted: Feb 3rd, '17, 04:52 

I have tried with the latest ide and i have downloaded ver 1.0.6 as recommended but no luck I must be missing something I am not sure if its the structure of where everything is placed in relation to the sketch or something missing, I know its something simple but i am not seeing it.

PostPosted: Feb 5th, '17, 06:22 

All good I finally got it to work the problem was i downloaded arduino 1.0.6 and installed it, but yesterday i checked the version number and it was 1.5.8 labeled as 1.0.6 it compiled but with a multitude of warnings.

PostPosted: Mar 16th, '17, 01:29 

I am very interested in this. I am actually writing a book about how to use Arduinos to monitor and automate aquaponic farms. I have already written 3 books about Arduinos (search for David Leithauser on Amazon.com for more info on that). I live in Deland. If I am correct that you live in New Smyrna, I could easily visit and work with you on this. I have lots of equipment. Would you be interested in me coming over to discuss this with you?

Post subject: My mistake
PostPosted: Mar 16th, '17, 09:06 

In my previous message, I thought you were in New Smyrna Beach. I realize now that I was mistaken. I had followed a message in this thread from someone who was in New Smyrna Beach back to this thread, and thought that that person was the originator of the thread. My apologies. However, I am still very interested in this discussion, and I am working on a book about using Arduinos to control aquaponic farms.

PostPosted: Mar 25th, '17, 22:33 

I am now in the process of writing a book on using Arduinos to monitor and automate aquaponic and hydroponic gardens. I would be interested in sending copies of the book (in Word file or other format) as it develops to people for feedback. Anyone who is interested please reply here or send email to Leithauser@aol.com with subject line Aquaponics book.

PostPosted: Mar 25th, '17, 23:19 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Just sent you a email, may be something you could use, don't know since this isn't my fortie.

Eddy, the world’s first growbot that helps anybody grow food and medical .......

PostPosted: Apr 24th, '17, 11:55 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Sigh. picture links all died due to Dropbox ending support for public folders. Can't go back and edit old posts so not much I can do.

Good news is that the ap garden is going to get back up and running this season with some less time consuming fish (koi) and controller development will continue as time allows. :thumbright:

First on the list... fix the automatic feeder.

testing google drive hotlinking

Arduino Aquaponic System Controller - Github

PostPosted: May 27th, '17, 07:31 

any chance i can use a lcd 1602 module instead? its what i have and on amazon and eBay they will be coming from china, slow shipping.

PostPosted: Jun 13th, '17, 01:01 

I am trying to build a simple device to measure total dissolved solids (TDS) in water by measuring electric conductivity (EC). I have two metal plates in the water. I run a current through the water, and use a voltage divider to measure the resistance. I take the reciprocal of the resistance to be the EC. The EC goes up as the PPM TDS goes up. So far, so good. The problem is that everything I have read says that EC should go up linearly with TDS. The general figure is that TDS PPM = 500 times EC. The exact number is not important, because I am not calibrating the EC to standard units, but the point is that PPM is supposed to go up linearly with EC. The problem is that in my experiments, it is not linear. I get a ratio of 35 at 14 PPM, 25 at 32 PPM, 10 at 162 PPM, and 8 at 214 PPM. Can anyone point out the flaw in my system?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28