All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jul 22nd, '11, 05:53 

Just a little background before i get to the link, I'm a UK based software developer by day, and a wannabe aquaponics system owner by night. I typically work on desktop apps, but have been looking for an excuse to write a website for a while. I decided as i'm about to start up my system, and i may seek advice with things while cycling that i should keep a record of any readings/test results. But why keep it on a peice of paper or an excel document on my desktop, i may as well keep a public record of how things go, and if its of use to me it may be of use to others.

With this in mind i picked a new technology i haven't worked with, and set about writing a website that allows users to register, and create systems, which can be public or private, these systems can have some basic information stored against them like volume, tank volume, bio surface area. The Logs at the moment record PH, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, Temp.

This is what I've got done in a couple of days, while i can't keep spending this much time on it i do plan on developing the site to make it more useful to any one who uses it. All i ask is to get a little feedback about bugs or missing features, or new ideas.

Online Aquaponics System Log

Profile Personal album  
    Advertisement

PostPosted: Jul 22nd, '11, 06:55 

Are you human?: yes
Great idea! Have you thought about adding charts of readings over time.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Jul 22nd, '11, 20:59 

charts tracking all stats over time are on the todo list, as well as adding notes when you log things.
Other ideas include stocking info, allowing you to record harvests, and possibly system components so you can accurately describe your system for others to view and see where you bought your parts and how you built it. I believe there are lots of things that could be done with this, its all just a matter of how much time i get to spend on it.
I have a thread on another forum about this site, and have had some interest shown in being able to import data that comes from automated sensors, more applicable to commercial, sites than back yard ones.
Another thing i am looking at is an export to excel function that allows data to be downloaded as and when required.

Profile Personal album