All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Jan 12th, '10, 20:49 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: yes
yeah drove it all the way with help from I-pod... 60km max speed....1500km trip......Spent a week at mechanics getting it road worthy...left richmond rta Sat morning 10am visited Mum then one of my sisters, then another one of my other Sisters(stayed for five hour kip)then on road again arrived safe and sound Mon 10am....two full days, 60km hour, only one angry honker, everyone else on the road was taking photos or videos with their phones lol :0 :D

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jan 12th, '10, 20:54 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

If anyone knows anything about the bus I am keen on hearing stories as I'm putting some info about her up on my website.... if you have any info or piccies at all you can email me at wh@stuff2scrap.com.au or wh@aquaponics4life.com.au Thanks

PostPosted: Jan 12th, '10, 23:25 
Seriously, this cant be healthy.

Are you human?: YES at least mostly
So what are you doing with the bus now? Is it actually being driven for some purposes or is it more of a billboard that sits out where it can be seen?

Old 300 gallon System

PostPosted: Jan 13th, '10, 06:33 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

We use "The BIG PINK Bus" to take all of our gear to the markets...Eventually we will have the top decked out for travelling around... I have converted it back from 66 seat to 11 seats (7 downstairs and 4 upstairs) will put little kitchen between the drivers seat and stairs and will put a laser cutter in the rear with all of our products ie mobile shop that is as long as we get our aquaponics setup automated....Never enough time lol :D

Attachments:
File comment: We set up shop at the markets
bus markets expaned clay.jpg
bus markets expaned clay.jpg [ 440.02 KiB | Viewed 2971 times ]

PostPosted: Jan 13th, '10, 08:10 

Are you human?: YES at least mostly
That's cool. So what products are you selling? I can't quite see in the picture.

Old 300 gallon System

PostPosted: Jan 13th, '10, 10:39 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

We custom cut just about anything into whatever you need... mainly personalised Names ...We can Cut &/or Engrave tissue paper and up to 10mm Acrylic/Timber/Cardboard/Fabrics etc ....
The wifes hobby is scrapbooking so for me to be allowed number 4 kid I had to stay at home to help (now we have 5) silly or stupid we havent figured that out yet ...heheheh...so to throw into the mix we run a Scrapbook Manufacturing and Retail shop/website http://www.stuff2scrap.com.au We send around the world, also do contract laser cutting for other companies products or anything Custom for ANYBODY that needs something...Name Badges, Signs, Front Reception Logo's, Birthday key's Have even cut out Model aeroplane wing ribs which saved the man 3mths of cutting and each one is precise etc...The wifes other hobby Quilting - We have a Gammill Longarm Quilting Machine that stitches Quilts with all sorts of patterns this machine is about 5 mtrs long and 1.5mtrs wide.....My hobby as you might of guessed is Honey & Aquaponics, so we also sell CANNA products Expanded clay, Coconut husk, Terra and all the Nutrients Plus Heaps of beautiful Yummy Yummy Honey...so we are pretty bust around here.... I wouldn't mind a sleep in 7.00am would be great :)

Attachments:
quilts.jpg
quilts.jpg [ 339.91 KiB | Viewed 2927 times ]
Lasercut names 001.jpg
Lasercut names 001.jpg [ 272.6 KiB | Viewed 2919 times ]
Lasercut names.jpg
Lasercut names.jpg [ 183.93 KiB | Viewed 2921 times ]

PostPosted: Jan 22nd, '10, 17:50 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Hi all I have tested water quite often and it is sitting around the 7.6-7.8 mark in the after noon it does go to 8.8 bit of algae in the tanks if i read right does the algae die off in a couple of weeks ??

I've dropped some bacteria in the tanks 2 days ago Wed arvo.... Ammonia is 1.0 in FTanks and coming out at the GB overflow pipes at .5 ...... Nitrites are between .35 - .5 don't seem to have any nitrates yet?? mind you plant are growing...

Ive only lost 1 fish and that was the next day after putting them in not bad from 700 Jade's Hopefully Buce at Ausyfish through a couple extra in hehehe That was 2 weeks ago now ....they are eating 2-3 90mm end caps of 2mm pellets in the morning and 3-5 at night I feed til they stop the frenzy .....Does it sound too much?? havent weighed them yet

PostPosted: Jan 22nd, '10, 19:41 
Sounds fine DDecker... P.S... the Jades will also eat just about any green leaf vegetable/plant/weed... if you drop a leaf in every now and then... they love lettuce...

PostPosted: Jan 22nd, '10, 20:16 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

yeah am growing lettuce and throw in some leaves every now and then also silverbeets....the wife loves the taste of the celery she reckons that they taste REAL.....My garlic is going great gunsjust put some potato's in with the galic and ginger bed( I'm putting less water in that bed so hopefuly they don't rot...

My Jade's are HUGH, I bought 700 and i hav had them in the one 5000ltr tank..We've just drained the one tank and got all the feeder fish out of it ( 2 black fish had babies just over 50 and we have at least another 5 Preggies, 2 more black ones and 3 orange ready to drop) we put them in the Raft GrowBed less current to hassle them and we took 200 Jades out and into feeders old tank also 5000ltrs.... When I brought them home we noticed a couple of Big Fellas in the bags at least 4-5 inches so 2 weeks later the BIGGEST is 7-8 inches almost ready to eat LOL :D

PostPosted: Jan 22nd, '10, 20:19 
Legend Member
Legend Member

I love your system!

My Blog

PostPosted: Jan 22nd, '10, 20:29 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Thanks I'm still getting the flows right with the sump pump level to feed back to fisheys.....
Last week I lost 5000ltrs of water into the ground from abit of algae blocking a filter and me not being aquaponic-o-holic (like most other days) enough that day and checking so had to top up and I lost another 5000lts on monday...I movd the sump pump to do something ...Anyone would think i would learn hey lol heheheh lucky my system holds just over 20,000 ltrs....hate to loose my chrissey feed for this year... :(

PostPosted: Jan 23rd, '10, 08:54 
Legend Member
Legend Member

Hi DD, you have along way to go to catch up to bruces new shed, ah as Rupe said they love lettuce especially cos. I feed my SPs and JPs lettuce at the same time, JPs clean it up in 5 mins SPs still floating there the next morning. No wise cracks. I mean the lettuce.

PostPosted: Jan 23rd, '10, 19:05 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

well all i can say is Bruce has been going at his hobby for 20 years, my hobby might evolve into something big like Bruces big beautiful shed with his (i think) 10 x 10,000 ltr fish tanks.....one day like i said 20 years heheheh.... oh did you see his sump ..... all concreted floor that all runs into a middle trough like a mechanics hole to get under cars....Cool idea for my next big system....i can fit a few systems around the 160acres...and the best is that we have a nice natural hill in the middle.... one day keep posted lol hehehe ohhh i forgot i will need heaps of money to do that.. all donations kindly excepted :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Jan 23rd, '10, 20:51 

Are you human?: YES
Good to see you back with the system ready get run. Good motivation for slack arses around here (read me) :roll:

PostPosted: Jan 23rd, '10, 21:41 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: No, The Missing Link
Who is Bruce? Any pictures/thread on here?

Thanks
mark

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next