All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jan 23rd, '16, 22:18 

Are you human?: YES
Sleepe wrote:
Bodgy is right we simply reject the idea because we are water poor, in some areas (mind I could have a vent about industry).
Country's of high rainfall and dams are a different situation because if they don't use enough water it is lost (or the energy stored is lost), my only question is drinking water is disinfected and the water would have chlorine or chlorinamine. I have not had a chance to look at the links you put in so if you have thought of this I apologise. :)

Edit

Or if you have surplus energy (was going to say energy to burn), like Gordon, you could drive it off a separate pump then recover the water. :lol:

Regarding the chlorine, I am lucky to live in an area with low chlorine levels so that isn't a big issue for me. But, you can use a dechlorinator on the water line to insure that you have no chlorine in the water.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '16, 07:31 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: maybe
jtarr00 wrote:
Bodgy wrote:
If you're confused by people reacting negatively to the use of tap water, bear in mind that many areas of Australia very nearly ran out of drinking water a few years ago so we changed our way of doing things and how we think rapidly.
For years it was illegal to water your garden and households were even supplied hourglasses for the shower to help us keep showers under 3 minutes. Water saving taps (faucets), toilets and shower heads are required by law too.
So you'll find a bit of resistance here to any use of mains water to power anything at all.
Not criticism, just trying to explain what's happening if you're surprised by it.

Thank you for the clarification, I really appreciate it. Hmm, I am trying to think of a solution. The only thing I can think as of now of is if you can use water from your pond and run a booster pump from the pond to the filter to gain the pressure to rotate the drum. The issue is with this is that you would need to find a way to reuse the quart of water that it uses in each cleaning cycle because it is taking away water from the pond.

could all be done in a closed loop system where solids to go mineralisation tank, FT water is used through a pressure pump to run RDF, all water goes into mineral tank, then after mineralisation all goes back into fish tank.

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '16, 13:52 
A posting God
A posting God

Are you human?: Most of me
could all be done in a closed loop system where solids to go mineralisation tank, FT water is used through a pressure pump to run RDF, all water goes into mineral tank, then after mineralisation all goes back into fish tank.

No you will be reintroducing the solids back into the fish tank after removing them with the RDF,this time only much smaller particles after being through the MT.

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '16, 14:33 
A posting God
A posting God

mineralisation tanks could be large or multiple.

there is no reason a filter couldnt be added afterwards.

there is always going to be a way to get it to work.

tanks could be settled before draining to FT, in most AP setups drum screens probably wouldnt need cleaning more than once per day, much like an RFF can go many days in most peoples systems before flushing.

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '16, 17:17 
A posting God
A posting God

Why not use the settled water to clean the screen, eventually it will have to be reused somewhere else mainly because of build up of TDS however you should get quit a few reruns. :)

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '16, 18:33 
A posting God
A posting God

^ yep.

or could use separated system and take filter cleaning water from the plant system, replacing it with the "dirty" water from the min. tank.

there are literally hundreds of ways.

PostPosted: Jan 24th, '16, 19:48 
A posting God
A posting God

mineralisation tanks could be large or multiple.

wont change the size of the particles.

there is no reason a filter couldn't be added afterwards.

Absolutely not but how many filters do we need,have the room for or can afford.

tanks could be settled before draining to FT, in most AP setups drum screens probably wouldn't need cleaning more than once per day, much like an RFF can go many days in most peoples systems before flushing.

That settling requires someone to be there,if you forget and walk away it will go anoxic.
Drum cleaning would depend on many things,but the screens at 100um will need cleaning more frequently than that,just because people go long times between flushing RFFs doesn't mean its right,we are removing solids from our fish tanks,so then why leave them to possible go anaerobic in the RFF.

depending on settling time the water will still have solids suspended in it,if you leave it long enough to settle depending on the amount of solids in in it that have settled we risk the chance of anoxic conditions again.

Bottom line,RFF solids go to MT,drum fines go to waste,its just not worth all the extra work for so little gain.

In my opinion.

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '16, 04:46 
A posting God
A posting God

thats fine, it rains every day where you are, no problem wasting water..... i dont know why you even do AP when its not needed there.....

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '16, 05:03 

Are you human?: YES
Put the MT waste into a dedicated plant system like a DWC if that's an option.

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '16, 10:23 
A posting God
A posting God

Yavimaya wrote:
thats fine, it rains every day where you are, no problem wasting water..... i dont know why you even do AP when its not needed there.....

Thailand is facing its worst drought to date,farmers are being urged not to plant there second crop of rice due to the water shortage,a lot of people now are drilling bore holes and pumping straight from the ground.Our water here is turned off every night and has been for quite a few months,we have rain today,the first time in nearly two months it wont even wet the ground.
AP is just my little hobby Yav.

PostPosted: Feb 25th, '16, 11:19 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: yes
What are the specs on the filter? What is its GPH/GPM or LPH? What are the inlet/ outlet sizes? Does it matter which side is the pump?

PostPosted: Feb 25th, '16, 16:07 
A posting God
A posting God

You know I think this is a very interesting idea; not necessarily the fact it runs on water but the concept of the control and the 'smart' when to clean (with simplicity). Very rarely do we see things like this. :)
This is a store and think about it.

PostPosted: May 15th, '16, 20:52 

Are you human?: Yes
jtarr00 wrote:
Food&Fish wrote:
Still no mention of cost

If you are interested in cost please PM me. I made this thread not to advertise the product but rather to learn from experts if the product would work in the Aquaponics field.

I would like to PM you about this, but as a new user, I can't make it happen. If you could PM me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

PostPosted: Jun 24th, '16, 16:16 

Are you human?: Yes
Well, we PMed and emailed several times, but still no mention of the price. This could be an amazing thing...but it looks to be impossible to purchase.

Anyone actually had success getting a price from them? How about making a purchase? Is it as cool as it sounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Jun 25th, '16, 02:21 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: yes
Interesting. I watched the videos, but am totally not clear on how the wastes are removed from the filter unit. I see the cleaning of the filter media, but it looks like it is just washed back into the drum. At what point and how , are the particles removed from the unit itself?