All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mar 8th, '12, 15:44 

We have been contacted by the producer of a local news station in Portland Oregon who would like to do a story on aquaponics. She is interested in contacting someone in the area who has tried the technology or is interested in trying it.
This is all that I know at present, if you think you can help please send me a pm or let us know that you are keen to share your addiction.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Mar 18th, '12, 08:16 

Are you human?: yes
I am located in Eastern Oregon. Most people think of Oregon and Washington as Rainy dreary but very green states. Not so. In eastern Oregon, where I live, we see over 300 days of sunshine and the only vegitation is tumble weeds and russian olive trees where there is water.
I am currently planning to build my first aquaponic green house in the next week or so. But my real plan is to construct several large commercial houses by the end of the year. Still waiting on water rights so I can do commercial. Studying about it consumes me right now though.

PostPosted: Mar 31st, '12, 02:39 

I'm in Beaverton, OR. I am new to Aquaponics and actually just got done building a greenhouse for our family's system. We are in the process of setting up the grow beds now and would be willing to talk to someone about it although like I mentioned, we are very new to it. I'm attending a class at Portland Purple Water in Beaverton tomorrow. Those guys are very knowledgeable and would probably be willing to talk to them as well.

:)

PostPosted: Apr 21st, '12, 10:07 

Hello there,

Just wanting to chime in and find out if anyone really does know what the aquaponics scene is like in and around Portland, OR. I have recently discovered aquaponics and am feverishly learning everything I can about it. A system would already be in the works, but I am moving in August....probably to the Portland area. Wanting to make a tester system, then go big and aim for commercial as well. Would love info. from anyone in the area. Thanks!

PostPosted: Apr 22nd, '12, 01:05 

Are you human?: YES
I am in springfield and will be getting my catfish early next week. I am down the road from a year round farmers market and hope to share the new system with our local museum garden tour in june. My greenhouse is up and my beds, tank and siphons are built, just finishing up plumbing this weekend. I don't know how helpful this is, but at least we will get all us Oregonians checking in. Not a lot of people do aquaponics around here, but hydroponics is very popular and we have some well-established stores with equipment etc.