All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Jan 6th, '17, 08:30 
Offline
A posting God
A posting God
User avatar

Joined: Jul 6th, '14, 20:25
Posts: 3757
Location: 2.2 kilometers up, NM, USA
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Series of particles
Location: Sapello, New Mexico USA
Welcome NaturalBY These are a few years old aren't they? It was fun going through them again. Thanks for bumping it to the top.

_________________
:wave1: Brian's AP
Specs: 2600 gallon (347.56cf) FT. 44cf GBs. 200 gal (26.7cf) ST. 15 gal (2cf) RFF. 50 gal (6.7cf) biofilter.
2017 season 100 Brook trout fingerlings. 5 Comets.
:?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
    Advertisement
 
PostPosted: Jan 20th, '17, 12:06 
Offline

Joined: Jan 20th, '17, 09:53
Posts: 3
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Are you human?: yes
Location: USA Florida
Oh I can't wait to get my first one started. Thanks for the awesome pics. Definitely has inspired me.

_________________
Love all things that have to do with gardening, aquarium fish and goldfish


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Jan 24th, '17, 14:43 
Offline

Joined: Jan 22nd, '17, 11:41
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Are you human?: on a good day, yes
Location: Southeast QLD, Australia
boss wrote:
Welcome NaturalBY These are a few years old aren't they? It was fun going through them again. Thanks for bumping it to the top.


haha, just been through the thread. Really great to see all the different approaches.

I have had my system going for 6-7 months. Now I need to get my system thread started.

Cheers! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Jul 20th, '17, 05:27 
Offline
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Joined: Dec 29th, '15, 08:15
Posts: 179
Gender: Male
Are you human?: yes
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.
Mobile/on wheels.
Doubles as a greenhouse.
All Rubbermaid stock tanks. Two 50gal grow beds and One 150gal fish/sump tank.
Running on a modified 25W water pump and 7W air pump at the moment.
Still waiting for water to clear before adding fish.
Going to hold a few goldfish and perhaps one koi permanently. Throwing in Hybrid Bluegill for the first batch of fish.

Thread link...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28843


Marty


Attachments:
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG [ 177.8 KiB | Viewed 3786 times ]
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG [ 163.18 KiB | Viewed 3786 times ]
IMG_0131.JPG
IMG_0131.JPG [ 172.79 KiB | Viewed 3786 times ]

_________________
My Rubbermaid Stock Tank System....
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28843
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Dec 5th, '17, 02:31 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Nov 15th, '17, 01:06
Posts: 16
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Yes
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, canada
Hey everyone,
Very new to the forums and just felt like adding in and showing off what I scraped together.

The whole idea for me was year round so I wanted it in my basement so I can avoid the cold (Also don't have the money for a green house.....yet)

I had the lights from starting seeds last year and took time getting the equipment. I when with an external bell siphon to have more room in the grow beds and I liked the adjustability of having it fully accessible. I have a pipe running the full length inside with the bottom cut out for full suction along the beds.

Image

Because of height limitation I went a little backwards and went FT - ST- GB but all is looking good. I didnt like the idea of drilling into the FT so I used the rubbermaid 150 gallon and turned it into a Solids Lifting Overflow.

Image

So Far very happy. I'm letting sediment from the growbeds clear up and then gonna start cycling. In just 2 days it wend from brown to almost clear so I'm looking forward to getting started.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Aug 11th, '18, 16:45 
Offline

Joined: Aug 11th, '18, 01:24
Posts: 8
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Yes
Location: South Africa Pretoria
Hi All, very new to the forum but started my venture about 6 months ago this is my first system and can only improve from here.

The only time I have some sanity these days is when I’m outside by my system hearing the water flow brings some calm to our busy life styles.

Some specs on my system.

1.The system is around 1500 litres.
2. Home made swirl filter used a conical drum.
3. 750lt breeding tank that house the fish.
4. 5000lt bio filter with bio balls.
5. Bakkie shower that helps with aeration to the tank.
6. 300lt sump
7. 2500lt pump to supply grow beds.

Thanks Ashley.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Aug 11th, '18, 16:46 
Offline

Joined: Aug 11th, '18, 01:24
Posts: 8
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Yes
Location: South Africa Pretoria
ThePlumber wrote:
Hi All, very new to the forum but started my venture about 6 months ago this is my first system and can only improve from here.

The only time I have some sanity these days is when I’m outside by my system hearing the water flow brings some calm to our busy life styles.

Some specs on my system.

1.The system is around 1500 litres.
2. Home made swirl filter used a conical drum.
3. 750lt breeding tank that house the fish.
4. 5000lt bio filter with bio balls.
5. Bakkie shower that helps with aeration to the tank.
6. 300lt sump
7. 2500lt pump to supply grow beds.

Thanks Ashley.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Aug 11th, '18, 16:48 
Offline

Joined: Aug 11th, '18, 01:24
Posts: 8
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Yes
Location: South Africa Pretoria
ThePlumber wrote:
ThePlumber wrote:
Hi All, very new to the forum but started my venture about 6 months ago this is my first system and can only improve from here.

The only time I have some sanity these days is when I’m outside by my system hearing the water flow brings some calm to our busy life styles.

Some specs on my system.

1.The system is around 1500 litres.
2. Home made swirl filter used a conical drum.
3. 750lt breeding tank that house the fish.
4. 5000lt bio filter with bio balls.
5. Bakkie shower that helps with aeration to the tank.
6. 300lt sump
7. 2500lt pump to supply grow beds.

Thanks Ashley.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Aug 11th, '18, 17:01 
Offline

Joined: Aug 11th, '18, 01:24
Posts: 8
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Yes
Location: South Africa Pretoria
ThePlumber wrote:
ThePlumber wrote:
ThePlumber wrote:
Hi All, very new to the forum but started my venture about 6 months ago this is my first system and can only improve from here.

The only time I have some sanity these days is when I’m outside by my system hearing the water flow brings some calm to our busy life styles.

Some specs on my system.

1.The system is around 1500 litres.
2. Home made swirl filter used a conical drum.
3. 750lt breeding tank that house the fish.
4. 5000lt bio filter with bio balls.
5. Bakkie shower that helps with aeration to the tank.
6. 300lt sump
7. 2500lt pump to supply grow beds.

Thanks Ashley.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Aug 11th, '18, 17:03 
Offline

Joined: Aug 11th, '18, 01:24
Posts: 8
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Yes
Location: South Africa Pretoria
ThePlumber wrote:
ThePlumber wrote:
ThePlumber wrote:
[quote="ThePlumber"]Hi All, very new to the forum but started my venture about 6 months ago this is my first system and can only improve from here.

The only time I have some sanity these days is when I’m outside by my system hearing the water flow brings some calm to our busy life styles.

Some specs on my system.

1.The system is around 1500 litres.
2. Home made swirl filter used a conical drum.
3. 750lt breeding tank that house the fish.
4. 5000lt bio filter with bio balls.
5. Bakkie shower that helps with aeration to the tank.
6. 300lt sump
7. 2500lt pump to supply grow beds.

Thanks Ashley.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Aug 11th, '18, 17:05 
Offline

Joined: Aug 11th, '18, 01:24
Posts: 8
Gender: Male
Are you human?: Yes
Location: South Africa Pretoria
ThePlumber wrote:
ThePlumber wrote:
ThePlumber wrote:
[quote="ThePlumber"][quote="ThePlumber"]Hi All, very new to the forum but started my venture about 6 months ago this is my first system and can only improve from here.

The only time I have some sanity these days is when I’m outside by my system hearing the water flow brings some calm to our busy life styles.

Some specs on my system.

1.The system is around 1500 litres.
2. Home made swirl filter used a conical drum.
3. 750lt breeding tank that house the fish.
4. 5000lt bio filter with bio balls.
5. Bakkie shower that helps with aeration to the tank.
6. 300lt sump
7. 2500lt pump to supply grow beds.

Thanks Ashley.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Portal by phpBB3 Portal © phpBB Türkiye
[ Time : 0.102s | 18 Queries | GZIP : Off ]