All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
PostPosted: Feb 9th, '19, 21:56 
Almost divorced
Almost divorced

Are you human?: YES
We have not had a ton of snow this year, I would guess 12-18 inches of snow total. And never more than 4-5 inches on the ground at once. We have had brutal cold winds though. We've had three storms that took us down to -10 to -21F, not including the wind chill which felt more like -45F when it was -21F.

We have had our kitchen sink plumbing freeze two or three times now. Luckily no broken pipes though. We have been running a space heater in the laundry room to let heat into the floor joices near the kitchen sink... It helps but when it was -21 there was nothing we could do to thaw them out. I had the space heater on 90F, I have an electric heat tape on the lines, I added more insulation, I bought an electric heat pad that I put in the floor joices, and I bought another small heater that we ran under the kitchen sink...didn't matter we went 3 days with no water at the kitchen sink then last weekend it warmed up to almost 50F so everything thawed out... All of the snow melted except the pile where I plowed snow to...it went from 4ft tall to about a foot tall. Then this past week we hovered right near freezing and had freezing rain for three days. The too couple inches of ground thawed out so when I drove my truck and trailer across it yesterday I left a good three inch rut all across the yard. Snowed a little last night.

But I managed to get my 14 IBC tanks home. This brings me up to 18 tanks total, so hoping to raise enough fish this year to start selling to friends and family and maybe eventually get to selling at the farmers market. It will be a summer only setup for a year or two before I can hopefully expand the greenhouse to keep them going year round. Most of these tanks say they contained honey or molasses.

Attachment:
IMG_20190209_083951078_HDR-800x600.jpg
IMG_20190209_083951078_HDR-800x600.jpg [ 185.61 KiB | Viewed 55 times ]

Advertisement

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51