All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '16, 03:03 

Are you human?: YES
Vida wrote:
Interesting. I watched the videos, but am totally not clear on how the wastes are removed from the filter unit. I see the cleaning of the filter media, but it looks like it is just washed back into the drum. At what point and how , are the particles removed from the unit itself?

The filtered material is washed into a collection tray that sends it down the discharge line. It is inside of the drum so you can not see it at first glance. Watch those videos that were linked and it will be demonstrated.

As far as the price last I saw shipped from New York, USA was $4,750. Don't be alarmed by the price because it is actually pretty good compared to most others on the market. Any decent RDF is a great filter to have, not just because it does an excellent job at cleaning your water but if you value your time you can go a year or two before you actually have to clean it yourself. These work great for Koi ponds, regular ponds, swimming pools, and aquaponics.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jul 3rd, '16, 01:35 

Welcome to the forum Chronos :wave:

PostPosted: Jul 3rd, '16, 23:22 

Are you human?: Yes
chronos450 wrote:

As far as the price last I saw shipped from New York, USA was $4,750. Don't be alarmed by the price because it is actually pretty good compared to most others on the market.

Honestly, that price is very high compared to most on the market with the exception of only a handful...especially considering this is an unproven concept which "runs on water". I was just quoted by Profidrum a large RDF, air freighted to Africa, with all electronics and connections in place for $3000usd.

My question is, why would a person chose this RDF which costs more than most and is unproven in our industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Jul 4th, '16, 13:20 
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

Are you human?: Not sure.
Yavimaya wrote:
thats fine, it rains every day where you are, no problem wasting water..... i dont know why you even do AP when its not needed there.....

That's a pretty ignorant statement to make. This year, as dasboot stated:
dasboot wrote:
Thailand is facing its worst drought to date

In fact, many areas of Cambodia have been suffering a similar fate, including here in Battambang where I reside. We have no bore (well) on the property where my g/f's farm is, because the ground water is no good there. The entire farm, 2 hectares and the farm house, are supplied solely by what we collect from the rain in the rice fields, and from the roof catchment system I installed for our rainwater harvesting system.

This year, it appears as though I will be buying water to help carry the farm through part of "rainy season", and possibly through all of "dry season". If not, we may lose cattle, chickens, and other farm animals due to the lack of rainfall this year.

Just because we reside in a tropical climate, doesn't mean these areas will be granted a specific amount of rain throughout the year.

Oh, aquaponics and aquaculture are both positive, small footprint, low overhead ways to provide truly organic, fresh foods to people. Our vegetables and herbs will not be covered with insecticides and herbicides so commonly used by our neighboring countries, in farming. Personally, that's what I want myself and my family consuming.

PostPosted: Jul 6th, '16, 22:09 

Alright71 wrote:
chronos450 wrote:

As far as the price last I saw shipped from New York, USA was $4,750. Don't be alarmed by the price because it is actually pretty good compared to most others on the market.

Honestly, that price is very high compared to most on the market with the exception of only a handful...especially considering this is an unproven concept which "runs on water". I was just quoted by Profidrum a large RDF, air freighted to Africa, with all electronics and connections in place for $3000usd.

My question is, why would a person chose this RDF which costs more than most and is unproven in our industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are going to compare price we should compare products. The price for a ProfiDrum SS Type 65 which is the closest they have to the Blue Eco model is $8,226 US. These are both all stainless steel models with the same approximate GPH rate. If you can find entirely all stainless steel RDF's for $3,000 or less with the same flow rates and filter micron size I say buy them up. For what RDF's do it is a great investment.

The main thing about the Blue Eco is that it is all powered by water. The good thing about this is that it does not have any electronic parts as it is all mechanical. This is good because there are less components to go bad. As far as chlorine in the tap water the drive water doesn't readily mix with the filtered water, it goes with the waste. There are lots of things that can be done with waste water for areas with water problems. I usually distill my waste water and use it to top off my system or just drink it. A simple solar distiller produces about 1.5 gallons a day in the summer.

At the end of the day it is really up to what a persons needs and preferences are when it comes to their filters whether it be for aquaponics, koi ponds, or swimming pools. Heck, you can DIY a good RDF if you are handy and want to. RDF's are not too complicated to build.