All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Greetings from Greece
PostPosted: Jan 26th, '19, 01:09 

Are you human?: yes
Hello fellow forum members.

My name is Aristotle and I am based in Greece. I was always curious about gardening and sustainability in general and I decided to try my luck with an aquaponic system.
I am fortunate enough that my main job is aquaculture. We have a rainbow trout farm here and I already have access to river water to jumpstart the system and also the fish to use and feed.
Reason I started just now is that I found some cheap IBCs used for syrup that I am going to use and at the moment going more thoroughly through literature and videos on the subject trying to find the most suitable system for me. First one will be for testing and out of curiosity. I am not in the mood to rush things and would like to start with a strong base. That is why I would be grateful if you could point me to the suitable forum section to start a new system thread in order to get feedback from more experienced users on the phase of designing. Since I already have access to water from a river with more than 100k rainbow trouts in it, the community may have better ideas to contribute for my case.
I won't go into more detail on my plans here since this is an introductory section but I am glad to be here and starting my journey with you.

Advertisement

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '19, 11:39 
Bordering on Legend
Bordering on Legend

Are you human?: Yes
Hi Linx
Welcome to the forum
Just go down the list where you found the member intros to find member systems

PostPosted: Jan 28th, '19, 16:06 

Are you human?: YES
Welcome to the forum Aristotle :wave: .

Your best bet for getting some good advice on a new system is probably to start a thread on planning it in the Member Systems section. General System Discussions is also a pretty good section to post to. If you haven't already looked at the IBC of Aquaponics (it's a free pdf file from BYAP) that has some good information on using IBC's for AP - http://ibcofaquaponics.com/. Another good resource is the FAO guide to small scale aquaponic food production - http://www.fao.org/3/a-i4021e.pdf (it's about 290 pages).

PostPosted: Feb 5th, '19, 02:49 

Are you human?: yes
I would like to thank you for welcoming me here. I have read both pdfs and I am drafting my first post on the Members system. I will be waiting your input there.